Searching for the best subscription payment services to manage recurring & one-time payments? Then, no look further, you landed on the right platform.
The subscription business model follows the simple give and take process in which the customer is providing access to the products or services for which a recurring amount is charged.
But handling this kind of system is extremely painful when the business grows, as digging out useful information and the data generation process becomes highly complicated.
However, if you get some best subscription management & recurring billing software then you can efficiently manage customer subscriptions on the go.
Now, you know picking the best one out of the plethora of SaaS-based services is a tough task.
But, to reduce your burden, here, we’ve handpicked the 5 best subscription payment services for you. We analyzed so many tools on the basis of various factors like their pricing, features, user reviews, and much more. As a result, we found these 5 services the best for different types of subscription business requirements.
Quick Comparison Between The 5 Best Subscription Payment Services
|Monthly Pricing||Unlimited Revenue||Transaction Fees||Affiliate Module|
|Pabbly Subscription Billing||$19/mo||✔||✘||
|$6/mo||✘||2.9% + $0.30 per transaction||✘|
|$29/mo||✘||+2% per transaction||✔|
|Vindicia||NA||✘||0.6% per transaction||
Now, without wasting time let’s check out these services in-depth & understand how they help you to manage your subscription payments.
1. Pabbly Subscription Billing – Affordable Subscription Payment Service
“Pabbly Subscription Billing is one of the best software that allows you to generate unlimited revenue without charging any extra monthly fees.”
The first service is Pabbly Subscription Billing that is a cloud-based subscription management software. It is the only tool available in the market that doesn’t restrict users on any features by offering unlimited integrations, products, customers, and much more even in its basic plan.
Unlike others, it’s the only tool that gives the functionality of limitless revenue generation. The interesting thing about it is don’t charge any hidden or extra fees on monthly revenue generation.
Apart from this, this service allows you to collect recurring, one-time, or fixed payment. For collecting payments, it offers integration of PayPal and Stripe. Additionally, it comes with an extensive set of advanced features like an in-built affiliate module, dunning management, tax management, custom domains (essaytonight.com example), etc.
- Built-in Affiliate Management Module – Only Pabbly Subscription Billing is the tool that has a pre-integrated affiliate management module that helps you to easily manage your affiliates.
- Client/Customer Portal Integration – This feature allows customers to view/update their account details, subscriptions, or even cancel their subscriptions themselves.
- Reports & Analytics – With its advanced analytics feature, one can get quick insights about their subscription business health like MRR, Net Revenue, Churn Rate, etc., directly from its intuitive dashboard.
- Invoice & Tax Module – You can automatically generate invoices for your recurring and one-time payments. Further, using it, you can also calculate taxes in a jiffy.
- Auto Email Notifications – This tool allows you to automatically send emails to both merchants & customers for every successful/failed payment, upgrade/downgrade, refund/canceled, etc.
Pabbly Subscription Billing offers monthly as well as annual subscription plans. The users can use all its features even in a small plan.
- Starter – In a starter plan, you can create unlimited products and add up to 50 customers at a nominal price of $19/month.
- Rookie – Manage up to 100 customers and get additional benefits like tax management, affiliate module, custom domain, etc at the cost of $37/month.
- Pro – Get this plan just at $57/month and enjoy the restriction-free billing of your business. With this, you can get unlimited customer, affiliate module, unlimited custom domain, etc.
- Advance – Lastly, the business with high demand can go for the advanced plan. This plan ranges in between $79/month to $3000/month for 250 to 50,000 customers.
2. FreshBooks – Small Business Subscription Payment Service
Freshbook is an easy to use recurring billing software that allows your business to grow aggressively. With it, you can effortlessly generate invoices in a jiffy. For collecting payments, it supports major credit cards, Apple Pay, and Stripe. Furthermore, it also allows the processing of a payment through ACH. The customers can pay directly through invoices, allowing you to get paid twice faster than other payment gateways.
- Invoices Builder – The software allows you to create professional invoices & automatically send them on a schedule. You don’t require to waste your time in creating similar invoices for the same client.
- Time Tracking – With this feature, you can automate tasks like record time against a specific client or team, add detailed time entry notes, automatically bill for tracked hours, weekly and monthly views of your tracked time, and much more.
- Payment – This tool offers various payment options including VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, Apple Pay, Stripe.
- Report & Analytics – FreshBooks makes it easy to identify exactly how your business is performing with the help of its straightforward dashboard and reports. Plus, these reports are detailed enough that your accountant will understand it within a second.
- Expenses Tracking – With it, you don’t need to update each expense entire manually. It will automatically update with your most recent spending so your business is always automatically up-to-date.
- Lite – This plan comes at the cost of $15 per month for 5 clients & unlimited invoices access.
- Plus – For 50 clients & payment reminders facility, you need to pay a $25 monthly charge.
- Premium – This plan costs you $50 per month for features such as 500 clients, recurring invoices & many more.
- Select – For more than 500 clients, you have to buy this plan. But, to know the pricing details about it, you have to contact the sales team of FreshBooks.
3. FastSpring – Global SaaS Subscription Software
FastSpring subscription billing software is a full-service SaaS eCommerce product that offers global subscription & online payment for you. This service is trusted by numerous companies like Adobe, Microsoft, Sketch, Connectify, and more. It facilitates the complete subscription customer lifecycle including acquisition, activation, upgrades, renewal, and much more. Additionally, it allows you to handle and monetize one-off or occasional purchasers for long-term subscription-based relationships.
- Plan Management – This software helps you to grow your user base by allowing you to offer flexible subscription plans that can support free trials, monthly, annual paid plans, proration, and discount management. Further, you can easily configure the length, pricing, coupons, and special coupons using it.
- Risk Management & Compliance – It offers a 15-factor fraud detection algorithm to reduce chargebacks for users. Also, it always remains up to date on global compliances like PCI DSS, GDRP, and others.
- Integration – This software offers seamless integration for third-party solutions like Google Analytics, Impact, WordPress, Adroll, and others.
- Dunning Management – This feature helps you to reduce churn and disruptions rate to your recurring revenue with automatic retries for payments and reminders to subscribers when they need to update their payment information.
- Automated Notifications & Reminders – The users can automate invoices, receipts, and renewal notices for maintaining a direct line of communication with the clients.
FastSpring does not provide any specific pricing plans. Hence, you need to request for an exclusive quotation from the website by mentioning your requirements to get the pricing details.
4. Payhip – Membership Subscription Payment Service
Payhip is an excellent subscription payment service with a platform to sell your software, e-books, and other digital products. Furthermore, it offers responsive checkouts, increased conversion rates, and allows you to accept payment from anywhere. The software allows users to pay with PayPal or by credit/debit card with Stripe. Also, it offers embedding checkout and shopping cart, affiliate system, discounts, etc. Payhip is an all-in-one software or your subscription payment needs.
- Member management – This feature enables you to manage the member’s accounts yourself, easily view their billing history, and handle cancellations.
- Affiliate System – This service enables you to recruit colleagues and friends and reward them when they make a sale.
- Coupons Management – Payhip offers the functionality of adding coupons with the flexibility of adding expiration dates, bar codes, and run promotional campaigns in it.
- Checkout – It helps you to build a very responsive checkout with a seamless experience for customers who are accessing from any device like mobile, laptop, or tablet.
- Conversion Rates – With it, get very high conversion rates as the customers can complete a purchase in seconds. Besides, your customers can do the transaction by PayPal and from all major cards.
There are three pricing plans.
- Free Forever – At free of cost, you can have access to all their features including unlimited products and revenue but the transaction cost is very high around 5% for each transaction.
- Plus – To buy this plan, you need to pay $29/ month where you will get unlimited product billing but with a reduced 2% transaction fees.
- Pro – For this plan, you need to pay $99/month. Here, you will not need to pay any transaction fees.
The last service in the list is Vindicia that provides subscription billing and recurring payment solutions. It offers fraud screening, chargeback management, retention, business model optimization, virtual conversion, and customer account management services. Vindicia conducts its business worldwide. Moreover, it keeps consumers connected to the subscription service they value and companies connected to the subscription revenues on which they rely.
- Multiple Payment Options – The software accepts multiple payment methods including credit/debit cards, PayPal, Boleto, ACH, Amazon Payments, Apple Pay, etc.
- Churn Calculation – With this feature, you can calculate churn and learn how even small reductions lead to much higher revenue.
- Customer Retention – This feature helps you in applying customer experience best practices and subscription intelligence to keep more subscribers every billing cycle.
- Metrics & Reporting – Using it, you can stay on top of vital B2C metrics like customer lifetime value and churn as you comply with ever-changing revenue recognition requirements.
- Recurring Revenue – Vindicia helps you to manage & collect recurring payments and reduce complexities involved in it. Hence, helps you in generating more revenue.
It offers three pricing plans
- Essential – To buy this plan, you need to pay $199 per month paid annually. In it, there is no incremental charge for the first $35K of monthly revenue processed, and after that, you will be charged 0.6%. With it, you can have up to 50,000 subscribers.
- Grow – For this plan, you will be charged $399 per month paid annually. Here, you need to pay no incremental charge for the first $50K of monthly revenue processed, and after that, you will be charged 0.8%. Along with this, you can manage up to 1 million subscribers.
- Enterprise – For this plan, you need to contact the sales team of the Vindicia.
Eventually, this blog covers all the important aspects of the subscription payment services. Plus, we’ve also shared the list of 5 Best Subscription Payment Services that can help you to overcome the various local challenges with recurring payments and subscriptions. Also, it provides all the necessary details to start with the subscription billing service.
Now, you can make the full use of recurring & subscription billing streams to get the best results. So, choose the right one depending on your requirements & automate your subscription business now.
You May Also Like To Read: