Theme Submission Guidelines
Following are the categories that fall under theme submission-
- WordPress Themes
- Bootstrap Themes/Templates
- Landing Pages
- HTML Templates
Make sure you follow ALL the guidelines to ensure that your product is approved.
If you miss some of these points, it will result in rejection of your theme. So stay focus and go through every single point.
A. General Guidelines
- Theme MUST be Responsive. In case of landing pages and templates, make sure they are bug free.
- Design MUST be tested in several browsers to ensure compatibility.
- Theme Design MUST display correctly at most common mobile device and desktop screen widths.
- It is necessary to test each page against as many devices and browsers as possible.
- If you are unable to test against a physical device or desktop screen size then use a software-based approach to test against various configurations.
- Simulation is not always accurate but can help to identify major issues.
- Documentation, design and theme description MUST NOT contain spelling or grammatical mistakes.
- Price of the product should be set as it has on other marketplaces. Item or installation price CANNOT be set at a higher price than elsewhere.
- Theme Name MUST be unique on InkThemes.
- Markup, styles, and scripts MUST NOT be obfuscated or encrypted.
- Minifying styles and scripts is acceptable as long as sufficient information is provided to support changes to these files for the buyer.
- This can be within documentation you provide.
- Along with any Licenses, copyright notes and updates to the theme.
- Theme Description MUST be written in English.
B. Visual Quality
- The visual quality of the Theme MUST be of a very high caliber.
- Theme should display consistent use of spacing, padding, line-height for typography and element placing.
- Themes should use attractive, high quality images. Please note you MUST add any copyright details attached to any use of images within your theme description.
- Your Theme colors should compliment each other.
- Elements and page designs should be created in a consistent manner.
C. Theme Featured Image and Screenshots
- Images MUST be of high quality, not distorted.
- Screenshots MUST be kept up-to-date and reflect the item at its latest approved version.
- Featured image MUST be cropped to 570 px X 270 px. You will need to send us 3 featured images for your theme. It will be displayed here.
- One feature image MUST be cropped to 390 px X 322 px for big thumbnail. The thumbnail will come on home page.
- A nice landing page featuring all the features of your theme. Size should be 616 px wide. Height could be anything. It will be shown here.
- Screenshots of Theme Previews. Size should be 276 px wide. Height can be varied. It will be displayed here.
- If you have a demo video for your theme, feel free to send us, we will feature it on Theme’s Sales Page.
- You can download the sample of images from here.
D. Demo Link
- Live preview MUST NOT employ redirects or use URL shorteners.
- Do not put any BUY NOW button on the demo.
- Demo link MUST represent the exact theme for sale at its latest approved version.
- Live preview MUST consistently load quickly and without error.
- Your demo link CANNOT use iframes or any links within the demo which enable a user to purchase the theme from anywhere other than InkThemes.
E. Licenses and attribution
- Item description and documentation MUST include attribution links to third-party assets.
- Third-party assets used in the creation of your theme MUST be properly licensed or free for commercial use.
- Examples of third-party assets include Plugins, components, textures, images, photographs, icons, glyph, fonts, sounds, music, video and source artwork (e.g .psd or .ai files)
- Item CANNOT include any third-party assets in the .zip file that are not licensed for distribution.
F. Process After Submission (Benefits & Exposure)
- After your theme submission, the review team will test the theme as per the guidelines mentioned above.
- If any errors found, the theme will be reverted back and proper feedback will be shared with the author.
- If theme is approved, it will be live at InkThemes and we will take care the rest of the things.
- We will market your product among 40,000+ InkThemes and a proper email will be sent.
- Also we will share your theme across InkThemes social networks- Facebook, Google+, Twitter (among 10,000+ users).
- You will get 50% of the sales after PayPal charges, Affiliate Commission. For more information you can visit the sell page.
Note:- Make sure you provide support for theme that you submit.. In case you don’t, theme won’t be approved..