With Searchford WordPress search plugin, you can improve your site’s in-site search result.
It has many features and options available for the site searching functionality.
Meanwhile, you can always search for the term in the site content, categories, tags, comments, or in author name etc.
You can optionally enable the live search option, and show the search result preview instantly.
This plugin also supports multiple customized searches. And you can select a template page to display the results.
There are two options available to show the search preview the first is list and the other is masonry style.
You could select to display any combination of title, thumbnail or excerpt to customize the style of the live search.
Advanced Search Functionality
Searchford supports many advanced search functionalities. Such as auto/manual indexing, default search parameters etc.
These settings are really very simple in style yet very powerful in function. Consequently, best for both simple or advanced feature and styling.
Easy To Set Up
This plugin is auto-configured for most of the search engine results. It automatically indexes the new content. Also, it has a professionally designed Live Search that too is very easy to customize.
Advanced Search Operators Supported
It included 8 search operators as advanced search options.
|–||Must not include|
Sort Results By
You can easily sort the results by its relevance or simply by date.
Combinations You can Try For Search
This plugin avails many searches and its combination with the other search options.
- Attachments Title & Description
- Author (Display name, first name, last name, description)
- Only Search for Authors in Specific Roles
- Custom Taxonomy
- Custom Meta Field: Supports wildcard characters in custom meta key
Multiple Custom Searches
You can set as many custom searches as you want plus customize them accordingly. Additionally, there is an Individual search option also available as shortcode or widget.
You could choose any specific template page or use the default search page as the results page.
Letter Based Languages Searching
It supports letter based language searching i.e, searching for words having 3 or more characters.
In addition to this, it supports CJK text with no character limit. Suitable for the site having content under 5 Million words & for content that doesn’t grow indefinitely.
Display Results From
The plugin user can set the resulting visibility from various sources.
- Custom Post Types
Support Search Logic
OR or AND search logic is also available for searching multiple terms.
It has an optional fuzzy search.
Highlight Search Terms
You can choose to highlight the search terms in Title, Excerpt, Author, Tags, Categories or Taxonomies. Furthermore, You can also choose the highlight style as bold, italics, underline, font, background colour, style.
Set Font Weight
You can choose to set the font weights for the search term. Such as for the title, content, categories etc.
Exclude Specific Item
Using this plugin you can exclude any specific post or page ID, category, tags or custom taxonomy.
It has a list of custom stopwords.
No Results Found Alternates
It has three options when there is a No Results Found condition.
- Show Search Suggestion
- Redirect To Suggested Search Results
The Live Search Has Features Like
- You can enable or disable it individually for each search task
- Responsive for the mobile devices as well as smaller screens
- List or masonry search style
- You can choose to display thumbnail, title, excerpt (for list style).
- Set “#” of masonry columns
- Set Max “#” of results
- Optional feature for setting suggestions for 0 Results
- Choose in between dark or light theme
- Customizable the background, accent & font colours.
- You can optionally set rounded corners.
- Display Arrow Tips
- Set the alignment to search form as left or right.
- Option available for custom Gif loading.
- Set custom CSS styling
- WPML Compatible
- WooCommerce, Jigoshop, WP e-Commerce Compatible
- Compatible with Advanced Custom Fields support meta key wildcards indexing.