7 out of every 10 eCommerce plugins are vulnerable to the common web attacks. And to protect WordPress based sites against the vulnerabilities and attacks, you can use Hide my WP plugin. This plugin renders settings to handle everything from background on your WP site.
You can either choose the pre-made settings scheme or you can customize the plugin on the basis of your setup requirements.
Moreover, this plugin is compatible with Apache, Nginx & Windows Servers. Also, it supports the premium & child themes. And works well with all the other WordPress security plugins.
Main Features Of Hide My WP Security WordPress Plugin
- Rename or hide the WP-admin
- Hide the name of theme & plugins that you are using for your site.
- Hide WordPress login panel
- Change/Disable WP author permalinks
- Choose to hide the admin folder & all of its files from the untrusted users
- Replace the default WordPress classes
- Block direct access to the PHP files of your site
- Minify HTML & CSS files using two methods
- Change the plugin directory & hash plugins name
- Change WordPress query URLs
- Disable/Change the feeds
- Set WP archives, categories, tags, pages, posts, etc as disabled
- Make changes as – includes folder, upload URL, AJAX URL etc
- Import/Export settings
- Anti-spamming to protect against spamming attacks
- Clean WP classes that make WordPress site recognizable
Intrusion Detection Mechanism
It provides a WP-optimized intrusion detection & prevention mechanism. This feature of the plugin monitors the overall site continuously & automatically find potentially dangerous requests based on different patterns. It assigns an impact factor associated with every dangerous request which indicates how dangerous a request is.
Furthermore, you can almost every detail of the attacker like who are they, where are they from & their hacking resources. Also, it informs you whether if they should block or not.
Using this feature, you can hide the fact that you are using WordPress on your site without changing any file/folder structure. It’s a tedious task so first assure that everything is in its default location. And then use the plugin.
Also, you can revert the effect whenever you want to.
It has a single firewall capable of any attacks on the system. Whether it is an SQL injection, CSRF, XSS, read arbitrary files, or a brute force attack.
In addition to this, you will get notified about every potential attack on your site. The information message includes valuable details like –
- Who try to hack your system
- Value of how they hack
- The page details & using which plugin they did so
- Impact how dangerous was that threat to your site.
- IP/Users tracking to know where are they from
Some Additional features Of The Plugin
- Replace words from your .html output file
- Change/Hide any URL or file through simple URLs replacing
- It also notifies you when someone is mousing about your WP website that
- includes visitor details like IP, user agent, referrer or even username
- Compress HTML output & remove comments from the source code
- Remove the WP meta Information from the header & feeds
- Change default WP email sender settings
- Custom 404 page
- Remove unnecessary menu classes from your code or clean up the body element classes