WPML support?

Discussion in 'Infoway WordPress Theme' started by webshop, Aug 1, 2013.

1. webshop

webshop New Member

Hi, Does the Infoway Pro theme support miltilingual websites build with WPML.org? I am building a multilingual web with both of them but I could translate without a problem all pages, menus and some wirdgets but am having problems translating the theme option for the homepage. It just does not separate laguages no matter if I change the 'top language control'. If I change it to English it puts my Spanish Homepage contents in English and if the control is in Spanish and I change the contents to this languag then the contents in my English Homepage changes to Spanish also.
    How can I separate the Home Page Theme Options from different languages using WPML?

2. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

3. webshop

webshop New Member

Hi Piyush,

Thanks for your help, though I'm affraid that as I have already installed the WOML plugin and the site is already open to the public so I can't go back and change the plugin (woulded be nice knowing before). I saw that InkThemes has two or three themes compatible with WPML like 'Gommero' and 'Colorway' so I thougt I wouldn't have problems with 'Infoway'. Thought all themes have the same 'architecure'.

Is there a theme 'hack' we can do to make it work, have you any info about this from this other themes so I can forward it to my programmer for him fix it.

BR,
    Alejandro Robles

4. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,
    At now WPML plugin is not compatible with InfoWay theme, But we are continuously communicating with WPML support to make plugin compatible with the our themes. It may take some time.
    We will definitely inform you regarding this issue.

5. webshop

webshop New Member

Hi Gourav, Piyush,

I have gone through the 'qtranslate' indications in the reference article provided, everything seems quite simple but I did no see any Menu indications. How will the navigation menu will change between languages? does it provide a separated field for every menu like pages or posts? Also, does it works with 'widgeted' menus? ..I use a couple of them in the website. I understand it does works with Infoway Pro Theme also, correct?

6. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

Yes it is compatible with all our themes.
    For language switching, plugin will provide you flags which you can add through widgets.
    Go to the Appearance > widgets and select qtranslate widget and add it in the footer widget area.
    It will work.