Video thumbnail can't be changed (vimeo)

Discussion in 'VideoCraft WordPress Theme' started by willnews, May 1, 2016.

1. willnews

willnews New Member

Hello,

I have the following problem with the VideoCraft Theme: Whenever I embed a video from my Vimeo-Pro Channel on my Website (www.will-news.com) I can't change the video thumbnail. Although I selected the thumbnail as described here (https://www.inkthemes.com/community...-when-the-video-is-uploaded.19292/#post-74712), on my website there will be only this image placed as thumbnail: http://will-news.com/wp-content/themes/videocrafttheme/images/default.png

supportTicket.PNG

It appears to not change the image source of the thumbnail although it is properly uploaded and visible in the media center. It has no effect whether the video is private or public.
    What can I do about this? It's really urgent!

Thanks in advance and best regards,
    M. Will

2. priya

priya Guest

Hello, Will..

Greetings from InkThemes!

I would like to inform you that if you are using Vimeo or Youtube video URL then there is no need to set featured images (as describe in the above thread link) because the video image will auto-uploaded according to the video...

Featured image will be required if you are uploading your own video.

Hope you will understand..

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. willnews

willnews New Member

Hello priya,

I have already tried different videos from vimeo and youtube, with and without adding a featured image on my website. None of them work, it's still the grey image-file displayed in my mediathek. I am using Wordpress 4.5.1.
    Appearently there is a mistake with the videocrafttheme creating a link / setting it as the image source. What can I do about it?

Best Regards,

M. Will

4. willnews

willnews New Member

It's really urgent. I hope you can solve this problem, since the error is in the theme. The theme must archieve this minimal requirement, it's creating a commercial (financial) problem.

5. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

To determine and fix the issue, we need to access your dashboard.

So, send us your website WordPress login details at [email protected] along with the thread link.

Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    Password :

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

6. willnews

willnews New Member

Mrs. Priyanka Singh,
    after your support destroyed our site (you changed the fdp path, thus also another website has been changed, the list of categories has vanished, the button to reach the english version of WillNews does not exist anymore and the complete english site cannot be reached by going on the will-news.com url, in the media center there is a html-page appearing and so forth) I would ask you to send us the final download link for the VideoCraft Wordpress Theme. Our technical administrator wants to make sure that the link we bought in August 2015 does not contain any errors. This is an offer coming from us in order to solve the problem. On many pages on the Internet you make advertising saying that VideoCraft can also embed Vimeo videos. We changed our passwords after we realised that another page (hauswill) has been changed by your support, too. If you go on ignoring us, I will contact an US-lawyer regarding compensation for damage.
    Best Regards, Manfred Will, Berlin, Germany

7. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to us.

To resolve the issue by yourself that you facing, you need to make a small change in the php.ini file located on your server.

Just open this particular file and search for the statement "allow_url_fopen". In this code fragment, just change the value from 0 to 1 , OR from OFF to ON.

So, the changed code must look something like this -> allow_url_fopen=1

Hope this helps...!

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

8. willnews

willnews New Member

Thanks, we allready did it. But it would be helpfull to send us the original link for download the Theme VideoCraft.The problem with the Thumbnails is not changed. We want to set the side new up, perhehs than it will work. Thanks &Regards, Manfred, WillNews, Berlin

Attached Files:

9. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

I have sent you an email regarding this...

Kindly check your email..

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com