How can i get thumbnails automatically when the video is uploaded

Discussion in 'VideoCraft WordPress Theme' started by 256media, Dec 14, 2015.

1. 256media

256media New Member

When the video is uploaded i do not see any thumbnails. From your sample set it shows nicely. how can these thumbnails setup to be generated every time a video is uploaded.

2. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Could you please provide us 'URL' of your site so that we can better assist you?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. 256media

256media New Member

4. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

I would like to suggest you to please set the feature image for the video once and check after that..

Please follow the screenshot given below.

videocraft_feature_image.png

Hope it will resolve your issue

Do let me know if you need more assistance,
    Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

5. 256media

256media New Member

But this is manually done, is there anyway it can be setup so that it is done at the time the video is uploaded.
    thanks

6. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Please follow the video given below.

Link of the video: http://screenpresso.com/=zIhJe

Hope it will resolve your issue

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

7. 256media

256media New Member

Thanks for the reply. but this is of no use for me. i was asking about when you upload a video not point to an url. is there a way when of my clients uploads a video (not the administrator like what you have shown in the video and the screen shots before) to get the thumbnails setup automatically.
    if it is not i need that functionality. i cannot go and look at every video and attach an image. youtube does that automatically.
    Thanks for your help.

8. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

This option is already available in the theme as you have stated above that when your client seems to upload the video they can set thumbnail as well with the video.

So when you click on Add Video you will get an option to upload the image under "Upload your own video" option.

Here"s the screenshot of what I am talking about.

videocraft_thumbnail_uploaded_video2.png

Hope you will find it helpful.

Do let me know if you need more assistance,
    Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

9. yubnoz

yubnoz New Member

I think what 256media is saying is that we know we have that option there, but can we have it to were when the client uploads a video they don't have to upload an image.
    If we upload a video and not the image then it only shows as a black screen. Can it just upload the video and it automatically have a screen shot of the video?

10. priya

priya Guest

Hello Yubnoz,

As per your discussion was carried over at mail earlier and we told you the possibility of adding a watermark image will be like, We can customize the theme as if a user won't upload a thumbnail image for his video then, your watermarked image will get appear instead.

I would like to inform you that - The video uploading module requires a video file and an Image for that video individually. The video thumbnail image auto-generation will only be available for embedded videos i.e. videos from Youtube, DailyMotion, MetaCafe and Vimeo.

And we have also sent you an email..

Kinldy check your email..

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

11. dragonsend

dragonsend Guest

I need the thumbnail to be auto generated for end users as well. I was told it will pull thumbnails from uploaded videos if FFMPEG is on the server. It is indeed on the server so how do we enable auto pull thumbnails on user uploaded videos. Some support is saying it will and some of you are saying it will not. So which is it??????

12. priya

priya Guest

Hi,

This could also be done only from source code customization in the theme and as this would be time-consuming so there will be some charges for this..

Do let us know if you agree, I will tell you amount and mode of the payment..

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com