RSS social icon not working

Discussion in 'Traffica WordPress Theme' started by vesity, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vesity

vesity Member

I've added my rss feed url to the theme options form, but nothing shows up on the site. (vesity.net)

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

Please do let me know exact location where you are adding rss feed.
    rss feed only work's at widget area.
    So go to the Appearance > widgets > rss
    and add your url there.

3. vesity

vesity Member

Appearance > Theme Options > Social Icons... "RSS Feed URL" is one of the categories. I've added my link (http://feeds.feedburner.com/Vesity) but it doesn't show up with the other social icons.

4. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

5. vesity

vesity Member

Hi. Under Active Resources, "Traffica WordPress Theme v1.1.2" is not highlighted, so I cannot click on it to download.

6. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

Please check image given below.

name.png

7. vesity

vesity Member

I installed the update successfully, but it is not working correctly. Even though all of my settings in
    Theme Options were preserved, nothing is showing up. I'm going to have to delete it and switch back to the previous version in order to get any work done today. Perhaps you can figure out why it appeared as though I lost all my settings, even though they were still there.

8. vesity

vesity Member

Now nothing is working. I deleted the update theme, and reinstalled the previous version. 1.1.1 - but it's doing the same thing. None of the settings established within Theme Options are showing up. And the theme appears to be stuck in Blog setting, even though it's not setup that way in customizations or theme options.

9. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

10. vesity

vesity Member

Hi. I sent this info as requested. It looks like you were on the site earlier, but nothing is fixed/resolved yet.

To clarify the issue: Ever since installing the update (1.1.2), my site has stopped functioning correctly. I uninstalled it, and re-installed the previous version (1.1.1), but it is now malfunctioning as well. After doing some tests, it looks like I can make it almost work correctly when I set the Front page display to "Your latest posts" instead of "A static page," Appearance > Customization. (However, this fix does not help the new version (1.1.2). ). Under this setting everything seems to work as it should except that the entire "Home Page Testimonial Feature" (Appearance > Theme Options > Home Page Bottom Feature) is gone from the website. None of my data shows up at all.
    Again, the bigger issue is that both themes (1.1.1 & 1.1.2) are malfunctioning ever since I installed 1.1.2. And yes, I followed your installation instructions perfectly. I had a theme that worked fine (except for the RSS issue), and that ended as soon as I upgraded. Please help.

11. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

Hello,

We are unable to login into your dashboard because your website login page are showing the error.
    So please make it accessible so that we can check your issue.

See the image for reference.
    [​IMG]

12. vesity

vesity Member

Error has been corrected. Had to remove my security plugin (BulletProofSecurity) due to conflict.

13. vesity

vesity Member

This is fixed now, so you should be able to get access. (FYI, I deactivated ALL plugins to see if any were creating conflicts which caused the theme options data --such as the Testimony Feature-- to not show up. But the problem was still there with them deactivated, demonstrating that there are no plugin conflicts.)

14. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

15. vesity

vesity Member

Hi. No, the issue isn't resolved. You simply removed the plugin I need called Testimonials Widget. As soon as I put it back where it belongs, the Traffica Testimonials Feature disappears. Please keep in mind that there was no conflict prior to upgrading. Both items were visible and functioning. Then I upgraded to 1.1.2, and the site went completely wacky, so I deleted the upgrade and went back to 1.1.1. When I did, the Testimonial Feature was not there (among other problems). Both features should be able to function together.

16. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

17. vesity

vesity Member

Thank you. Yes it appears to be working correctly now.
    So, considering the difficulty I had when I attempted to upgrade to 1.1.2, do you still suggest I upgrade? You've fixed the RSS issue, so is there anything else within 1.1.2 that I'm missing in 1.1.1? Please recall that when I upgraded, all the data from Theme Options failed to display.

18. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

19. vesity

vesity Member

Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.