Need Static Home Page Plus Blog Page on Blackbird

Discussion in 'BlackBird WordPress Theme' started by joniholderman, Jan 21, 2016.

1. joniholderman

joniholderman New Member

I have my site at www.thriveresumes.com all set up except for one thing. I'm using the Blackbird responsive theme and I love it! It makes my simple site look great.

However, I want to keep the home page and site structure exactly as they are, but be able to add blog posts to the Thrive! Blog page.

Help!!! I don't want my posts to appear on my front page at all.

I've tried creating a static front page, but I don't know what to call it...it's not in the drop-down menu to select from. Do I need to change the file name from index.php to home.php? Where would I do that? Do I need to be in CPanel instead of Wordpress?

Obviously, I'm in over my head so any help you can give is greatly appreciated. (I can code a little HTML or add custom CSS. )

Also, is there a way to make the blog page the full width of the page, eliminating the side widget? Is there a way to use one template for the site and another for the blog? Or do I really need to create a separate website for the blog, to accomplish that?

--Apologies: I accidentally posted this under the E-Commerce theme at first. Sorry! Obviously, I'm at my wits end on this.

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

2. priya

priya Guest