Need Static Home Page plus blog page on Blackbird

Discussion in 'SaleJunction E-Commerce WordPress Theme' started by joniholderman, Jan 21, 2016.

1. joniholderman

joniholderman New Member

I have my site at www.thriveresumes.com all set up except for one thing. I'm using the Blackbird responsive theme and I love it! It makes my simple site look great.

However, I want to keep the home page and site structure exactly as they are, but be able to add blog posts to the Thrive! Blog page.

Help!!! I don't want my posts to appear on my front page at all.

I've tried creating a static front page, but I don't know what to call it...it's not in the drop-down menu to select from. Do I need to change the file name from index.php to home.php? Where would I do that? Do I need to be in CPanel instead of Wordpress?

Obviously, I'm in over my head so any help you can give is greatly appreciated. (I can code a little HTML or add custom CSS. )

Also, is there a way to make the blog page the full width of the page, eliminating the side widget? Is there a way to use one template for the site and another for the blog? Or do I really need to create a separate website for the blog, to accomplish that?

Any help you can give me is greatly appreciated.

2. joniholderman

joniholderman New Member

Sorry if I posted this in the wrong place.

3. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes!

To show all of your blog on your Thrive! Blog page, firstly you have to assign template as Blog Page for Thrive! Blog page as I have mentioned in the screenshot given below.

blog_page.png

And to stop showing your blogs on the front page, you can easily do this from Theme Option panel of your dashboard.

blog_post_off.png

Hope you will get it helpful..

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

4. joniholderman

joniholderman New Member

Priyanka, thanks so much for responding so quickly. That's very helpful!

Is there any way to use the Full-Width Template for my Blog Page? Or to manually eliminate the categories and archives from the right side?

5. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

You can easily make your blog page as fullwidth and for that you just need to follow the screenshots given below.

blog_page_fullwidth.png

blog_page_fullwidth2.png

For your information, I am using "WP-Editor" plugin to edit files.

You can also download and use it from the link https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-editor/.

After activating this plugin, you will get the same screen as shown in the screenshot.

Hope it will resolve your issue

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

6. joniholderman

joniholderman New Member

Thank you soooo much, I will definitely do this!! Super product and service, by the way!!

7. priya

priya Guest

I would like to sincerely thank you for your appreciation.:)

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com