INFOWAY: Home page issues.

Discussion in 'Infoway WordPress Theme' started by atlasprowriter, Dec 31, 2012.

1. atlasprowriter

atlasprowriter Member

Hi. Love the new theme. Lead capture, post carousel and footer not showing up on my home page. Footer and widgets showing up fine on blog and other pages. Feature images are showing up on blog page.

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Please share the link of your website.

3. atlasprowriter

atlasprowriter Member

4. atlasprowriter

atlasprowriter Member

Also...slider not scrolling at any speed and links not working. Should I just try to reload the theme?

5. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Please download theme again from members area. It will resolve your issue.

6. atlasprowriter

atlasprowriter Member

Tried that. Unfortunately still have the same problem. If this helps, the first time the site loads after the new install this is what I get: http://atlasmediaink.com/#fragment-5

7. atlasprowriter

atlasprowriter Member

The culprit turned out to be the "easy digital downloads" plugin. That's rough because I need that one to sell digital products…I guess I'll have to find a workaround. The Twitter Pro plugin also "broke" the site.

Can you recommend social media plugins that work with your sites? Jetpack used to work with your sites. Now it breaks them.

8. Harmeet

Harmeet Support Staff

9. susannah

susannah New Member

Hi atlasprowriter,
    I just checked out your site and there is a grammar/spelling mistake on the first line of the paragraph beside the slider.
    Change the word BUILT to BUILD. Built is past tense, build is present and future tense.
    Cheers!
    Susannah

10. atlasprowriter

atlasprowriter Member

Good catch Susannah. That was one of three on the HOME page.

AMI runs "correct me" contests when we launch a new site or "look" for one of our sites. It's a silly promotion to increase subscriptions, but it works. In the past I've used it to recruit freelance editors. Is that your field? Since we couldn't (initially) get our plugins to work with Infoway, we scrapped the January contest. The previous one was last October. Here are the results: http://www.eadamporter.com/winner-announced/

We will be running another contest the first week of March, 2013 on the same site. If you (or anyone else with a keen eye for grammar) is interested in A) proving their skill, B) potentially gettting freelance work or C) just meeting other writers/editors, please subscribe to the site for updates.

PS - there are at least two errors in this post. What are they?