Home Page has Disappeared

Discussion in 'BlogsTrend WordPress Theme' started by talkamsite, Jun 16, 2013.

1. talkamsite

talkamsite New Member

1) My home page with the slider and posts have disappeared. I have 2 "Home" buttoms in the Main Menu & both of them do not show the Home page information. There is also a "Home" button in the Category Menu that does not bring my original home page back either. Something is not right with HOME.
    2)When the homepage did appear with slider & Blog info, the size of the image/thumb is too small and cuts off vital parts of the picture. Is there a way to make the thumb images a little bigger?
    3) When I clicked on a post from the homepage and the post page opens up, my featured image is not inside the post although the thumb image is there before I clicked to open it. Why is this?
    4) Regarding posts, I notice that from the home page each post has a snippet which comes from the first paragraphs of the actual post. Is there a way for the snippet to extract a paragraph from the middle of the post instead of from the beginning?
    5) The font on my pages and post pages is too small. Is there a way to make the fonts bigger?

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

1) Set your reading settings as shown in the image.

[​IMG]

2) Please do let me know your website link.

3) Feature image option is specially added to show image on blog page. It will not display at the single or post description page.

4) Unfortunately there isn't a way to do that with our theme unless you custom code something up. Sorry.
    5) Paste this code in Custom CSS
    Appearance > Theme Option > Styling Option > Custom CSS
    Code:
    p{
    font-size: your font size;
    }
    a{
    {
    font-size: your font size;
    }

3. talkamsite

talkamsite New Member

Thanks for responding.
    1) Your solution worked & I do see the home page now but there is still no slider. I entered a category in settings for the slider and I included an image in the post along with the category but still no slider.

2) Regarding making the thumb images bigger & your request for my website URL, my website is in "Coming Soon" mode until I am finished. It's strange bc under media settings I see the complete picture in the thumb version but when I go to the website, the thumbs image cuts a part of the picture off. As for

3) I don't understand what you mean. When I viewed the demo on the InkTheme website, it SHOWS a thumb image on the home page and when you click on that post and it opens you see the same picture (but bigger) on the actual post page. Maybe you didn't understand me. Right now my feature images that are attached to the post pages are not appearing when I open the post page when viewing the website. I see the cut-short thumb image (as mentioned in problem #2) with the snippet and that's it.

4) Can we do some custom coding? I need the snippet to show a part of my review of the product I'm blogging about.

5) Thanks but I found another way (by accident) to make the fonts larger.

Please advise. Thanks.

4. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

Hello,
    Please provide the following information listed below.

Thread Link:
    Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    WordPress Password:

Send this information on our email at [email protected]
    We will check your issue.

5. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff

Hello,
    For your problem we would like to tell you that when you are creating a blog then add the images to them from "Add Media" button, available just below the title of the post. You are adding the image through "Featured Image", and featured image will only visible on the blog page not in single page. And from "Add Media" button you can see the image in both "Blog" and "Single" page.

6. talkamsite

talkamsite New Member

Thank you for your help. The support here has been great. I have another question regarding images. The images on each of my post pages are all different sizes. Is there to make a standard size image so that all of the post pages have the same size image?

7. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff