Home page Featured Area questions....

Discussion in 'Infoway WordPress Theme' started by brettswalker, Apr 24, 2013.

1. brettswalker

brettswalker New Member

Hello
    Great theme, just a few quick questions please:

1. On the demo, there are moving/sliding photos under the 3 column "Featured Area" - how and where do I add/edit this??

2. If I wanted to remove the Featured Area altogether, and add an Interactive Map of the USA - (like this one: http://www.fla-shop.com/products/html5/united-states/us/ )- to the left of the Lead Capture Form, how and where would I add it??

I am a newbie, so any and all easily to understand info is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!
    Brett
    http://atloffice.com/

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello Brett,

1) The slider you are talking about is a blog post slider.
    Just add posts (with image) through Dashboard > Post > Add New. After that slider will automatically start working.

2) Adding amp that you have referenced require lot of customization. But yes you can add Google map there.
    For it go to the
    Appearance > Editor > front-page.php and replace code from line number 243 to 300 with your Google map code.

Google map code for USA.

Code:
    <iframe width="425" height="350" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.co.in/maps?f=q&amp;source=s_q&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=usa&amp;aq=&amp;sll=20.98352,82.752628&amp;sspn=45.458666,86.572266&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=United+States&amp;t=m&amp;z=4&amp;ll=37.09024,-95.712891&amp;output=embed"></iframe><br /><small><a href="http://maps.google.co.in/maps?f=q&amp;source=embed&amp;hl=en&amp;geocode=&amp;q=usa&amp;aq=&amp;sll=20.98352,82.752628&amp;sspn=45.458666,86.572266&amp;ie=UTF8&amp;hq=&amp;hnear=United+States&amp;t=m&amp;z=4&amp;ll=37.09024,-95.712891" style="color:#0000FF;text-align:left">View Larger Map</a></small>

3. brettswalker

brettswalker New Member

Thanks for the response. I will add posts for the slider.

However, I dont want to use a Google Map - the map I want to use is this one:
    http://www.fla-shop.com/products/html5/united-states/us/
    It is an interactive map that I can link to pages on my site.
    How would I upload/use/implement this particular map? Is there a difference in how to post this map than the google map??

Thanks!
    Brett
    www.atloffice.com

4. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,
    Our theme is compatible with almost all the plugin but there are multiple plugins available in WordPress therefore it is not possible to check every plugin with the theme, You can download that plugin it may work fine with the theme, It is not possible to add that plugin in front-page area, You can add that plugin in widget area or add plugin short code in pages other then frontpage.

5. brettswalker

brettswalker New Member

Thanks for the response, but that is not the answer I am looking for.
    This map is not a plug in, and would not be put in a widget....It would be placed in a page or post.
    How would I make this particular map appear on the homepage under the slider and to the left of the lead form?
    Basically, I just want to know how to know how to remove the 3 column features section, and replace it with a page or post that I can put this map into??

Please help!

Thanks
    Brett

6. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello Brett,

It is a HTML5 MAP Premium WordPress plugin, And it is used on both post and pages and widget also but, You can only add it in the front-page footer widget not anywhere else in the home page.
    Adding it other then widget area on front page require lots of customization, You can freelancer to do that.

7. brettswalker

brettswalker New Member

Ok, thats a little disappointing.
    Then let me ask you, is there a widget I can use that would take up the space of the 3 feature columns?
    If so, what is it, and how would I use it/put it there?

Thanks

8. brettswalker

brettswalker New Member

Hi,
    Any info about this is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

9. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

10. brettswalker

brettswalker New Member

About the Blog Post Slider/Photos under the Featured Area:

You said above:
    "1) The slider you are talking about is a blog post slider.
    Just add posts (with image) through Dashboard > Post > Add New. After that slider will automatically start working."

However I made a test post with an image - http://atloffice.com/test11/this-is-a-test/ - an it did not automatically start working!

Please advise how to make this work.

Thanks

Brett

11. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello Brett.

Please update your theme to the latest version (1.6.0). It will resolve this issue.

12. brettswalker

brettswalker New Member

Ok.
    How do I update it?
    Is there a way to do it in the WP Dashboard, or do I need to download and reinstall the theme? If so, where from??

Thanks

13. Piyush

Piyush Support Staff