Yoast WordPress SEO & Google Analytics

Discussion in 'Themia WordPress Theme' started by ruma, Oct 29, 2012.

1. ruma

ruma New Member

Hi, my website is www.stemxl.com. I would like help with the following 2 issues:

(1) Does the Themia theme have a conflict with Yoast WordPress SEO? I get the following message:
    Your theme contains a meta description, which blocks WordPress SEO from working properly, please delete the following line, or press fix it:
    <meta name="description" content="<?php echo stripslashes(get_option('inkthemes_description')); ?>" />
    Do I "fix it" or do something else?

(2) I activated the google analytics plugin. I get this message:
    Google Analytics is not active. You must select which Analytics Profile to track before it can work.

So when I click on the link to select the analytics profile I get the following msg:
    Analytics Profile:
    Unfortunately, an error occurred while connecting to Google, please try again:Re-authenticate with Google
    Clicking the "Re-authenticate with Google" does nothing. Am I doing something wrong? I have not put anything in the "Appearance > Theme Options > General Settings > Tracking Code" box. What is the tracking code and how do I obtain it? Is it an alpha-numeric code or is it the raw html code?

Thanks!

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello

We have not checked "Yoast WordPress SEO" plugin with our theme.
    If it is creating some problem then you can try "All in one SEO" plugin. It will work fine

To generate Google Analytic code visit link given below and sign in with your gmail account, Fill your site detail there and generate GA code for your site.
    http://www.google.com/analytics/

3. ruma

ruma New Member

Thanks for the info. I got the Google Analytics code. I will checkout the All in One SEO plugin.

4. georgemn

georgemn Guest

Is that the final answer? Yoast is a far superior seo plugin... why not make your themes compatible... after all the Yoast SEO plugin has been downloaded 3,530,453 times.

5. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

@georgemn,

We generally recommended All in One SEO plugin and we have not checked Yoast SEO plugin yet but as possible we will also make Yoast SEO plugin compatible with our theme, We always check our theme with flexible and standard plugin, provided by WordPress and All in One SEO plugin is largely used and downloaded plugin and has been downloaded 13,544,702.

Therefore for our customers, we always suggest All in One SEO plugin.