Wordpress could not open zip file and gave error message

Discussion in 'StartPoint Business One Page WordPress Theme' started by lanceshield, Dec 13, 2014.

1. lanceshield

lanceshield New Member

When I selected my Startpoint zip file from my desktop for WP to install, after I clicked install I got a message back
    Installing Theme from uploaded file: startpointtheme.zip.URL

Unpacking the package…
    The package could not be installed. PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature

It appears there is something wrong with the file and I will need to replace the file. I already dragged and dropped the file again to my desktop, okaying it to overwrite the earlier file. Still got the same error. So it looks like I will need a new copy of the startpointtheme.zip file.

2. Pramod

Pramod Guest

Hello,

Please download a fresh copy and upload it.
    The correct file is only
    startpointtheme.zip

Thanks & Regards
    Pramod

3. lanceshield

lanceshield New Member

Hi,
    I did put a fresh copy on my desktop to upload and it did the same thing. I see that each time WP uploads it, it adds '.URL' after the .zip on the end of the file. I have tried to remove the .URL from the end but it won't allow me to remove it. The only thing that I can get the file to do once it is on WP and I put my cursor on it is open up the list of my desktop links.

Brad

4. lanceshield

lanceshield New Member

It seems to me that what WP should have as the uploaded file to Install is startpointtheme.zip and not startpointtheme.zip.URL which is what appears each time I upload startpointtheme.zip from my desktop. As I said I can not cut the '.URL' from the end of the file. And, as I said, I did download a fresh copy of the startpointtheme.zip to the desktop, but it just gave the same result, again adding the .URL to the end of the fresh copy once it uploads it to WP. Is there anyway else to upload the file into the Themes selection list?

Brad

5. Pramod

Pramod Guest

Hello,

Please send above information on our email at [email protected]
    We will send you .zip file if you are facing this problem.

Thanks & Regards
    Pramod