Using Inline Content For Lightbox On BusinessGrow Theme

Discussion in 'InkThemes-Support Working Hours' started by apaduano, Apr 26, 2015.

1. apaduano

apaduano New Member

BusinessGrow ships with Jquery Lightbox. I would like to use it to load inline content, which is triggered by the anchors on the individual service blocks.

The website address is: compoundsforhealth.com

The section entitled "Our Compounds" contains the service blocks being referred to. All anchors have been disabled at this time, but as you know there are two anchors for each block- one on the image and one on the blocks title. These will be used to trigger the lightbox that contains the content.

2. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hello,

Correct me if am wrong, As what I can understand is do you wish to make your content open in lightbox when someone click on the individual service blocks. let me know.

3. apaduano

apaduano New Member

Yes, inline content. Correct.

If you look at the current configuration at compoundsforhealth.com, you will see that the blocks contain the ingredients and standard usage instructions for a compound. I want to move that information to a modal so that I can place a description of the benefits of each compound. Then if a person clicks a block, a modal will appear containing the ingredients of the compound and its usage instructions.

4. praveen

praveen Support Staff

Hello,

The feature you need is only possible through customization of the source code of the theme.

It is an additional feature and our developer team has to work on it and develop separate code for this.
    That's why we have charged you $30 for this customization.

Do let me know if you agree then, I will tell you the amount and mode of payment.

I will look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks,
    Praveen

5. apaduano

apaduano New Member

Great! So tell me which files I need to customize and where at in the code I need to look to implement the customizations. I can perform the customizations myself, I just need a little direction. I paid for unlimited support.

6. apaduano

apaduano New Member

Again, I do not need anyone from your team to perform the customizations. I can do it myself. I need someone to point me in the right direction. For instance, where at in the script are you loading jquery? I see a link that has been commented out, but yet I know there are various plugins that are based on jquery- so it has be loaded somewhere. Also, where is styles.css being loaded?

I really liked this support group and was happy with purchasing the Business Grow theme, but now I am beginning to get frustrated.

7. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hello,

Thanks for being patient and cooperating with us and we really feel sorry for the inconvenience caused.

If you wish to load your own jQuery and CSS kindly follow the screenshots below it will guide you how to include js and CSS file.

business-grow-script.png

business-grow-css.png

Try doing the above steps that will help you to load JS and CSS.
    let me know further other queries. I will guide you accordingly :).

Regards,
    Sameer

8. apaduano

apaduano New Member

I am working on implementing Colorbox.

1. I have placed jquery.colorbox.js in the theme's /js directory.
    [​IMG]

2. I have placed colorbox.css from the plugin's /example1 directory into the theme's /css directory.
    [​IMG]

3. I have referenced the jquery.colorbox.js script within the theme's function.php file
    [​IMG]

4. I have referenced colorbox.css within the theme's style.css file
    [​IMG]

5. I have added the function to reveal the hidden inline div in the theme's front-page.php file
    [​IMG]

6. I have added the hidden inline box with text to be revealed in the theme's front-page.php file
    [​IMG]

7. I have added a link that will reveal the hidden div's content in a modal when clicked on to the theme's front-page.php file
    [​IMG]

8. I re-uploaded the modified functions.php, style.css, and front-page.php files to the web server.

When I CMD+SHIFT+R within Firefox to force a fresh copy of the site, however, the modal does not appear when the appropriate link (service box five's image) is clicked upon. However the browser's address bar reveals the div's ID name.
    [​IMG]

What am I missing, or doing incorrectly here? Hypothetically, the modal should load and display the sample inline text from the hidden div.

9. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

10. apaduano

apaduano New Member

Okay, I'm stumped. I don't have any more time to tinker with this and need to move on to other projects. If you're able to figure this out and get the custom code to me for $30, please do so. Again, I am implementing the jquery Colorbox plugin.