Using a shortcode in "Feature page Heading" on home page

Discussion in 'Infoway WordPress Theme' started by lkodsmann, Feb 4, 2016.

1. lkodsmann

lkodsmann Guest

Hello! I'm using Event Espresso to handle my events/ticketing/etc, and I'd like to be able to use a shortcode in the "Feature page Heading" section of the homepage.

When I place the shortcode here, it just displays the shortcode text... On a page, the shortcode works perfectly - so I'm assuming that there's just a chunk of code I need to edit/add to make this work in this section?

Thank you so much for your help!

2. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Would you please provide us link of the plugin so that I can check this at our end and provide you the solution accordingly..

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. lkodsmann

lkodsmann Guest

Here is the link to the plugin: https://eventespresso.com/

I just need the "Feature page Heading" section to be able to correctly interpret a shortcode...

The shortcodes for this plugin work fine on the subpages (in the main content area), so I think there is just something about how the "Feature page Heading" is coded that it won't interpret the shortcode, and instead just displays the shortcode text instead.

Thanks for your help!

4. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Please follow the screenshot given below.

infoway_shortcode.png

Hope it will resolve your issue

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

5. lkodsmann

lkodsmann Guest

Hm... that puts it in the entirely wrong place (in the first of the three feature boxes, not in the "Feature page heading" area). I tried putting your code in the "infotag" area of the front-page.php file, but that didn't seem to work well (it didn't align properly, placing the horizontal line next to my content instead of below). Please advise! Thanks for your help!

6. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Could you please provide us 'URL' of your site along with some edited screenshot so that we can better assist you?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

7. lkodsmann

lkodsmann Guest

8. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

Hope you are doing good...!

You are requested to kindly use the php code snippet <?php echo do_shortcode('[ESPRESSO_EVENTS title="test"]')?> as suggested in the above screenshots.

Incase, you still remain with the issue, just send us your website WordPress login details at [email protected] along with the thread link.
    Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    Password :

We will do it for you.

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com