Templating question

Discussion in 'Squirrel WordPress Theme' started by greggrsmith, Sep 6, 2018.

1. greggrsmith

greggrsmith Member

Hi, I may be asked soon to migrate a 80+ page site using a really old twenty eleven theme (without menu support) to a new mobile responsive theme and I'm picking squirrel because without the homepage, its standard layout is similar to my clients current site. My question is that the current 80+ pages does not use any sidebars, all are fullwidth in a box layout, can you think of an easy way (without changing each page manually to fullwidth template) to change the default right sidebar layout to the full width tempalate. I easily see the fullwidth-template.php in the theme files, and I'm hoping I can replace default template code with fullwidth-template code, but don't see the default template?

Any thoughts would be appreciated, thanks.

2. akbar92

akbar92 Support Staff Staff Member

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us,

You can easily change the pages' layout from your website dashboard, just follow this video: https://screenpresso.com/=JlWwc

I hope you find the above video purposeful to you.

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com

3. greggrsmith

greggrsmith Member

Thanks, your link was broken, but I found the select all edit in the all pages view which I assume would have been what it would have shown, thanks.

4. akbar92

I hope your issue has been fixed.

Do let me know if you need further assistance.

I will be glad to assist you.

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com

5. greggrsmith

greggrsmith Member

Now after nicely switching all pages to fullwidth template every image on the pages from thumbnails and every size up displays as 100% wide and fills the entire screen, but if I use default template (which I dont want to) then thumbails, medium images and their alignments show correctly. Even a right justified thumbnail displays 100% wide (looks fine on mobile, but looks really bad on all other devices. Any ideas, thanks in advance

http://www.peterschemical.com

6. greggrsmith

greggrsmith Member

Ok, I discovered that if i change the width: 100% in your code below to width: auto; if seems to work correctly, but I'm not sure if this is OK and whether or not it may cause other issues down the line. I do notice that with this new code, images in mobile view keep there alignment (left, right) even in mobile instead of sliding underneath, but I can live with this versus the previous super huge images..... any thoughts?

.main-content .fullwidth img {
    max-width: 100%;
    width: auto;
    height: auto;
    display: inline-block;}

7. akbar92

Hi,

Greeting from InkThemes,

For once, Will you please allow us to check your website dashboard?
    Kindly send the below-mentioned credential details at [email protected] along with the thread link.

WordPress Website URL: -
    WordPress Username: -
    WordPress Password: -

We will try to fix your issue.

Regards,
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com