Sticky Posts On Front Page

Discussion in 'Andrina WordPress Theme' started by terribleturner, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terribleturner

terribleturner New Member

Hi guys, i've just been updating some posts on my site & i've removed the 'Sticky' option from a few posts, & added them to others. But now the newly appointed 'Sticky' posts are not showing up on my front page. Is there something in the code that says only sticky posts made over a certain period of time can b inserted onto this page? And if so can this b removed so that as long as anything with the 'Sticky' box ticked will appear on the front page??
    Thanks in advance.
    James

2. terribleturner

Now my site (www.jtphotos.co.uk) has lost all the bits from the bottom of the page, which includes my area to log into the Wordpress side of things to update the site. This means i am unable to work on the page today.

3. homespunmoney

homespunmoney Member

TT,

Am not sure why you lost the bottom widget area.... You can always log into your site by going to jtphotos.co.uk/wp-admin....

Makes sense?

chris

4. terribleturner

Thanks Chris, I did notice that after I wrote the post and was going over the site to see if anything else had disappeared :)

Still no idea why I've lost the bottom widget area & sticky posts though :(

5. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

6. terribleturner

Hi Nitesh, so I took on board what you said about it only being recent posts showing up as sticky, and so I thought i'd change the date on the most recent post that's NOT showing up (Mr & Mrs Mark Schmid – The Tudor Barn, Burnham), and when it's a future date/scheduled all my other sticky posts AND my footer returns. If I put the publish date back to the correct one and then 'Unsticky' everything returns as well. So it has something to do with the actual post itself. I tried a new post with just the word 'TEST' and todays date, and it worked fine, just as it normally does. But when I copied and pasted all the info into the 'TEST' post I was shown the same thing where the footer disappears and my sticky posts have gone too.

7. terribleturner

Ooooo it's got to do with the image that i'm inserting from the media lbrary. For some reason this is causing it to crash the rest of the system.

8. terribleturner

FIXED IT!!!!!
    Seems this talking/typing out aloud helped me work the issue out.

So the problem was the main image n the post was too big and the theme couldn't cope with it. I've now replaced it with a size image that fits the page perfectly and it's all working again.
    http://jtphotos.co.uk/mrandmrsschmid/

Thanks for looking :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.