Slider is not responsive

Discussion in 'BlackWell-WordPress Business Theme.' started by vesity, Oct 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vesity

vesity Member

Hi. The slider is not responsize now that I have updated the theme. It was responsive prior to updating. All the other elements of the site are still responsive, except for the slider. See attached image:
    Screen Shot 2014-10-04 at 12.16.31 PM.png

2. Pramod

Pramod Guest

Hello,
    Slider is irresponsive just because of more code manipulations or customizations of theme. When we download a fresh theme from member area it works perfectly .
    Thanks & Regards
    Pramod

3. vesity

vesity Member

Yes but the only thing that changed was the theme update and child theme addition. No plugins or code were added. The slider was responsive before the update, and now it is not.

4. Pramod

Pramod Guest

Hello,
    We find that your slider is responsive but not 100% on too small device.
    In the new theme it works fine . May be any CSS code is conflicted or manipulated and we are not getting CSS to correct this partial unexpected issue.
    Thanks & Regards
    Pramod

5. vesity

vesity Member

Hi. The reason I purchased this theme is because it is stated to be "Completely responsive" and "Fully responsive" according to your marketing. Now it is not. Once again, it was responsive before it was updated. That is all that has changed.
    This is a non-negotialble issue for me. This site has to be completely responsive, and now it is not.

6. Pramod

Pramod Guest

Hello,
    More code manipulations or Undo/Redo customization in theme will create all of these issues.
    When we download a fresh theme from member area it works perfectly .It has not any such type of issue .
    Thanks & Regards
    Pramod

7. vesity

vesity Member

Pramod,
    I have been very patient and considerate in my messages and in my requests. But now I must ask for your cooperation, because you appear be either not reading my posts, or accusing me of lying.
    I will say it again, very carefully: The site worked fine prior to update 1.1.4. I updated according to your instructions, and MADE NO OTHER CHANGES. Now it is NOT responsive. You sold me a site which is supposed to be "completely responsive". I am now requesting for this thread to be escalated to your manager to achieve satisfaction. This is not ethical, and your manner of simply ignoring my statements is unacceptable at any level.

8. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

Your issue have been fixed.Please visit your site.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

9. vesity

vesity Member

Yogesh, I'm very grateful to you for looking into this -- thank you! Unfortunately, the slider area is still not responsive. When I narrow my browser window on my laptop, it shows that at smallest size, the image is distorted and banner doesn't appear. I verified this by having a friend with an iPhone send me a screenshot of site (attached). Again, image is distorted and no banner or text area at all.
    laptop.jpg iPhone.jpg
    Then I tested on an iPad. It looks much better! The only problem is that the banner does not resize according to custom CSS. (see pic).
    Thanks for checking into this again, Yogesh!
    iPad.jpg

10. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

In mobile view and iPad view we hide that text banner, this is a theme functionality. And only two arrows are left to slide images.
    You want full large image to display in mobile view without stretch then how it is possible, see blackwell theme preview and see your site is working as the preview of our theme.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

11. vesity

vesity Member

Hi Yogesh, and thanks for your response.
    Yes, I see that the banner is hidden in mobil view. That is fine.
    But look at the image itself, and note that is is distorted. You mentioned the theme preview, but look at the attached screenshot of blackwell theme preview on my laptop, with browser width adjusted down to mobile view. You can clearly see that the image gets smaller, but it does not distort. That is the problem: Mine is distorting. So, please keep in mind two things. 1) It is not acting like the preview, which doesn't distort. 2) it never behaved this way before the update... When I reduced it to mobile view in 1.1.2, it did not distort.
    Screen Shot 2014-10-10 at 2.19.09 PM.png

12. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

In our theme preview image is not distorting because image is cutting according to devise/window size.
    When your image was cutting then you have complaint, now your image is not cutting then also you have complaint.
    It is not possible full image will show in small device without cutting image and without image compress.
    I am not getting you what do you want ?

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

13. vesity

vesity Member

I'm not talking about cutting and I'm not talking about compressing. The image distorts. That's very different.
    What changed?
    In previous update, the very same image would cut according to device/window size without distorting. Now, after update, it distorts. That is the very simple question.

14. vesity

vesity Member

Your site large, then small:
    your preview 1.jpg your preview 2.jpg
    It cuts and compresses, but DOES NOT DISTORT

My site large, then small:
    my site 1.jpg my site 2.jpg
    It cuts, compresses AND DISTORTS.

How are you not seeing this?

15. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello visity,

In our site image is cutting it is not compressing.
    In your site image is compressing it is not cutting.

You have two option
    1. Cut image in small view.
    2. Compress image in small view.

Second option is already applied in your site.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

16. vesity

vesity Member

Hi Yogesh. Thanks for explaining this to me. Now I understand what you mean, and the terminology makes sense.

So, when I first posted in this thread, I thought my site was not responsive (and Pramod agreed). But it turns out that it actually was responsive, but it was option 1 (from your thread above), which is, "cut image in small view."

Now that I understand this, my question is, how can I control the positioning of the cut?

Previously, the cut was in a very bad position for all my slides. Can I change the cut position? Please see image for clarification of my question.
    custom cut.jpg

The way it is now (which I was calling distorted, but you have taught me is called "compressed") looks terrible on the iPhone. If I can control the positioning of the cut (relatively) on all the slides, it would look 1000% better than compressed.

17. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

18. vesity

vesity Member

Hi. Thank you. I've sent the email. Attached are images of my three slides, each showing the target cut area.
    Thanks again!
    Slide 1.jpg

Slide 2.jpg

slide3.jpg

19. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

Your issue have been fixed. Please visit your site.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

20. vesity

vesity Member

Thank you Yogesh! :D That look much better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.