Shipping Classes - How do you set them up?

Discussion in 'SaleJunction E-Commerce WordPress Theme' started by geoscash1, Jan 19, 2014.

1. geoscash1

geoscash1 New Member

Hey everyone, new here and have just begun (4 days ago) my building process with the salejunction theme.
    So far so good, I have went through most of the learning curve and have everything setup
    EXCEPT the shipping.

I have went through the options, which it gives:

DefaultShipping MethodStatus
    Flat Rate
    Method ID: flat_rate
    [​IMG]
    Free Shipping
    Method ID: free_shipping
    [​IMG]
    International Delivery
    Method ID: international_delivery
    [​IMG]
    Local Delivery
    Method ID: local_delivery
    [​IMG]
    Local Pickup
    Method ID: local_pickup

I do not want flat rate or free shipping and the other options will not apply, I will need shipping based on the product because I cannot very well charge $15.00 to ship a pair of head phones and charge the same amount of shipping to ship an ink pen...

What are/is "shipping classes" and is there anyone here who can explain to me how to set these up correctly so my shipping prices correlate with the product/products individually and not be a flat rate or any of the other options..

As a suggestion for inkthemes, it would sure be much simpler and better if there were a video or training on how to setup your theme/plugin structure without having to do it all by trial and error.. installing and setting up the base site is fairly simple and most will be able to figure that out but the more intricate and detailed stuff like the "shipping classes" and other details are left out with no explanations as to how they work or should be setup..:(

I hope there is someone here that can enlighten me on how to set this part up, it would surely be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance and by the way, very nice job on the theme and its functionality, it will be perfect for what its designed for.. thanks for that..:)

2. geoscash1

geoscash1 New Member

Never mind..:(

3. amaconline

amaconline Member

Hi, where are you based Geoscash? UK, USA?

4. geoscash1

geoscash1 New Member

I'm in the US..

I ended up just making a bunch of generic classes called standard shipping and each have a different dollar amount.
    when needing to add a shipping I just pick from my drop down of shipping classes that come as close to
    what the actual shipping is.

I think the calculator will do it by zip code but not sure..