restrict category selection

Discussion in 'VideoCraft WordPress Theme' started by honory2009, Sep 13, 2017.

1. honory2009

honory2009 Member

When people post their videos on my site www.videozetu.com, they can pick all categories. I want restriction to not more that three category selection.

How can this be done?

Below is screenshot of one video that was posted to all categories

thanks

honory upload_2017-9-14_0-7-16.png

2. akbar92

akbar92 Support Staff Staff Member

It requires some source code customization in the theme, we will do it for you but it will be chargeable.

Do let me know if you agree, Waiting for your confirmation.

Thanks & Regards!
    Akbar
    InkThemes.com

3. honory2009

honory2009 Member

I remember like two years ago, I had this customized but I dont know what happened it has come back to the same problem. May be it is due to theme update or may be it is because of other technical reason. I will recommend the theme to be upgraded to a new version so that as website master , i can restrict people from selecting all categories. Just take an example, one video going to all other categories, if there are 100 categories, then that one video will to all these categories.

I have been with inkthemes since 2013 and I have been paying the monthly fee of $15 to retain the membership. So, I hope you will be able to help tackle this theme problem.

thanks

Honory Jerome

4. honory2009

honory2009 Member

And below is the email from Priyanka, this issue was solved in February 4, 2016. Just wondering if it was temporary.

upload_2017-9-17_0-13-22.png

5. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello,

I have got your concern and would like to inform you that the theme updation can only be done manually so you did this at your end.

I would suggest you to recover the site from your server backups if this feature provided by your server otherwise, check your emails where we have shared you the customized file.

Else, we need to redo the customization and that may take some time as our developers are busy at this moment.

I hope you understand.

Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

6. honory2009

honory2009 Member

Hi Naveen,

I would rather wait for your developers to finish their busy schedule, as it will be hard to retrieve the zip. I am not sure if I was given the zip file, if I recall well, i just gave login information to my Dashboard.

I think this videocraft them needs to be updated so that one can select a maximum number of categories that can go with one video

Thanks

Honory Jerome