Responsive Blog, Homepage Slider, and Widget Issues/Questions

Discussion in 'Compass WordPress Theme' started by rodzilla99, Feb 10, 2017.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rodzilla99

rodzilla99 New Member

I have a few questions regarding the landscaping theme which i currently have on my local machine and will be launching very soon. please see questions below and advise.
    1. How can I set main homepage slider to automatically rotate instead of only rotating by clicking the arrow or bullets?
    2. The entire website is supposed to be responsive, which from what I can see, is true except for the blog section. The blog's layout gets very clustered at mobile size and items overlap. Do you have a CSS fix for this? i didn't notice until after I purchased and put a considerable amount of time into this project. Its also a problem on the demo at https://www.inkthemes.com/market/landscaping-wordpress-theme/. see attached screenshot.
    3. My blog section only shows the two most recent blog posts and the top of the third. there is no way to scroll down. any tips?
    4. How do i populate the "Landscape Of Your Dreams" section? i've been unable to locate.
    5. Images are stretched at times. Is there a fix for this?
    6. Is there documentation for this theme?
    Thanks in advance. My goals is to have this site launched by this Sunday.

Attached Files:

2. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes,

To make the slider on the homepage to rotate automatically, you need to make a little change in the source code of the theme. To learn how to do this, just follow the attached screenshot.

Next, regarding the responsiveness, I would like to let you know that the theme is already responsive and the contents too. If you are facing any distortion related to any section, don't worry, just make your site live and we will look into the issue and will fix up the things directly for you.

To populate the "Landscape Of Your Dreams" section, you need to set up the portfolio gallery section from Dashboard-> Portfolio Gallery

Regarding the images stretching section, it seems you have not uploaded the image according to the recommended size dimensions mentioned in the theme. Kindly upload the image according to the recommended dimensions. It will resolve your issue.

You can find the documentation of the theme in your member's area for download.

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com
    2017-02-11_12h40_51.png

3. rodzilla99

rodzilla99 New Member

Hi Nitin,

I was unable to navigate to file in wordpress admin, however, found the custom.js through FTP. I removed the comment and uploaded but that didn't work. I also noticed there were a few places in file that reference autostart but changing those to true didn't work either.

Please review the blog section and there is overlap once it screen width gets small. Probably tablet and below.

The website url is http://www.theprolawncare.com/

thank you

4. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes,

For your information, I am using "WP-Editor" plugin to edit files.
    You can also download and use it from the link https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-editor/.
    After activating this plugin, you will get the same screen as shown in the screenshot.

Hope this helps...!

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

5. rodzilla99

rodzilla99 New Member

Thanks for follow up. Once i downloaded that plugin I was able to update. Wasn't able to randomize first slide, but was able to do autostart.

Please view http://www.theprolawncare.com/blog/ at a small and normal size to see CSS issues. Attached 2 screenshots.
    1. blog small - sidebar is overlapping main content. Do you have CSS to fix? same happens on your demo - https://www.inkthemes.com/previews/?demo_id=392
    2. blog big - blog only shows a few recent posts. Any way to expand or say read more?
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

6. rodzilla99

rodzilla99 New Member

Hi Nitin, can you please look into this?

thanks

7. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

Hope you are doing good...!

It seems you missed something while configuring the theme.

To determine and fix the issue, we need access to your dashboard.

So, send us your website WordPress login details at [email protected] along with the thread link
    Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    Password :

We will check the things from our end and will let you know what's missing.

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

8. rodzilla99

rodzilla99 New Member

Hi Nitin,
    I sent an email with questions about screenshare or alternative.

Thanks

9. rodzilla99

rodzilla99 New Member

I figured it out on my own. Your theme CSS is missing the following:

.page_content .content_bar .post {
    float: left;
    }

Using that fixes the last blog post from being overlapped by footer and also resolves mobile/tablet issues.

10. Naveen

Naveen Guest

That sounds great :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.