Reduce white space

Discussion in 'Compass WordPress Theme' started by stylize, Jan 11, 2016.

1. stylize

stylize New Member

I would like to remove some of the white space if possible:

1. I have increased the size of the slider to 421 pixel, but there is a lot of white space after the slider and before the page features.
    2. I would like to have a little less space between the two testimonials. Or even better if possible, move the second testimonial up, so they are in one line, next to each other.
    3. Remove some white space after the testimonials, before the footer widget, to move the footer widget up a bit.

Thank you!

White space1.jpg

White space 2.jpg

White space 3.jpg

2. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Could you please provide us 'URL' of your site so that we can better assist you?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. stylize

stylize New Member

Hello Priyanka
    Thank you for answering.
    I have temporally turned off the coming soon, so it is visible: glifberg.dk

4. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Please paste the code given below in Custom CSS section (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.
    Code:
    .feature-content {
        margin-top: -54px;
    }
    .feature_blog_content {
        width: 2338px;
        margin-bottom: -99px;
    }
    Note: Change numeric value as per your requirement..

I would also like to inform you that I have checked your site and would like to tell you that you are using 1.0.8 version of the theme whereas 1.1.0 is available in the members area..

So if you haven't customized source code of the theme, you are kindly suggested to reinstall the latest version of the theme from the members area.

Here're the steps of doing so...

Download the Compass theme by logging in your members account:

http://inkthemes.com/members/member

Next, you have to extract the zip file and rename that folder compass like compass_new,

Again, you would need to create a zip file of that renamed folder (say: compass_new.zip),

Now, upload the theme in your WordPress from Dashboard->Appearance->Themes->Add New,

Then, activate your theme,

This way you can install and activate your updated version in your site, keeping the copy of your older version in your WordPress

Hope it will resolve your issue

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

5. stylize

stylize New Member

Thank you. I will try to update the theme.

Two more questions - Let me know if you prefer that I make a new thread for this:

1. The Lettters in the submenu turns to a CAPITAL letter, for beginning letter of each word. We don't use that in Danish. Therefore I need to change them to small letters, for example, it has changed "Coaching for ledere" to "Coaching For Ledere" (I need to change the F and the L to small f and l)

2. I have a picture (logo and statement) at the bottom in first footer widget area, which has size of two widgets. I would like it to resize in mobile view - now it is too big and doesn't
    resize.
    How can I make it stay the size giving in browser, but resize to fit in mobile?

Thank you for support.

Best regards, Heidi

6. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Regarding your first issue,

Please paste the code given below in Custom CSS section (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.
    Code:
    #menu .ddsmoothmenu li li {
        text-transform: initial;
    }
    For the issue #2, code is given below..
    Code:
    @media only screen and (max-width: 480px){
    img.alignleft {
        width: 100%;
    }
    }
    Hope it will resolve your issue

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

7. stylize

stylize New Member

Thank you for quick respond!

The code for the mobile image worked well, thank you.

The first question with the initial letters in menu did not work, it still shows large letter in beginning of each word when seen on computer. Is here another way to do that?

8. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Would you please try above code with "!important" as,
    Code:
    #menu .ddsmoothmenu li li {
        text-transform: initial !important;
    }
    And still doesn't resolve, please clear your cache and check after that...

Hope you will find it helpful...

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

9. stylize

stylize New Member

Hi again.

It didn't work either with the letters. Each word in menu still has large beginning letter.

I still have a lot of white in the right side of the frontage. Because the testimonials are underneath each other. If they can't be beside each other, I wanted to put a primary widget in the right side, next to the testimonials, but it is not visible on the frontage. How can make the primary widget visible on the frontage?

10. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Would you please send us your dashboard credentials at [email protected] along with this thread link as well so that we can figure out the issue and able to resolve that?

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

11. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

You would be glad to know that your issue has been resolved.

Kindly check your site and reply...

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

12. stylize

stylize New Member

Yes, the large beginning letter problem was solved. Thank you.

And acording to the white space on frontpage, the blog post shown can solve that. But then I want no "continue reading" or link at the features image (I have also asked for that in a mail, but didn't receive answer yet). Can I remove the links?

I have changed the name "latest from the blog" to "Nyheder" in the from page php for now, but that should probably also somewhere in the Custum CSS with a code?

13. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Your issue has been resolved..

And would like to inform you that there is no need to change the text in the source code, you can easily do it from Theme Option panel of your dashboard.

Kindly check your site and reply...

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com