Procedure for setting up a Blog/Post page Query

Discussion in 'ClassiCraft WordPress Theme' started by chester29, Dec 7, 2016.

1. chester29

chester29 Member

Hi,

The setup for establishing a post page seems to be different to that previously encountered with other themes.

The POST page does'nt have a BLOG template PAGE whereas the PAGE page does have a BLOG template.

I've tried different ways of setting up a page where COMMENTS can be posted without success.

Any comments please?

Regards,

2. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello,

For your information, the page templates are built to apply on WordPress Pages only, we have Blog Page template in our themes.

It seems you want to display comments on the pages or posts is that so?

please share some screenshots of the concerned area of the theme, I will let you know the proper solution.

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

3. chester29

chester29 Member

You have it - I need people to be able to leave comments on Posts / Pages.

Thanks,

4. Naveen

Naveen Guest

It's a default feature of the theme and WordPress, check your WordPress discussion settings, I think you've turned off the comments for your site.

If you still need further help, just share your WordPress admin credentials at [email protected] along with this thread URL:

WordPress site login URL:
    WordPress admin username:
    WordPress admin password:

I will check and do the needful.

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

5. chester29

chester29 Member

The comments are turned on both in the WP setup (comments) and on the individual pages but nothing shows up on the individual web pages.

Regards,

6. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Alright..!

Please share your site credentials at the above-mentioned email ID, we will check and do the needful.

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

7. jellysquare

jellysquare New Member

I have the same problem as Chester29. Under screen options, comments are turned on for my pages and posts, but when I look at a page, there is no way to leave a comment. So do I send my site info to that same email address [email protected]? For example http://bdieges.com/gallery/qltsfromrheart/ on this page I have comments turned on in the screen options at the top of the editing page and at the bottom where it says to allow comments, that is checked. At one time the comments were there, but no they do not show up, even though they show on the edited page.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  8. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello,

For your information, Chester29 asked the issue regarding ClassiCraft theme, I just checked your site and found that you are using ColorWay theme,

I would like to inform you that, comments are enabled only for posts in the theme, if you want to use comments on pages then, we have to customize the source code of your site.

We will do it for you,
    Kindly, share your WordPress admin credentials at [email protected] along with this thread URL:

WordPress site login URL:
    WordPress admin username:
    WordPress admin password:

I will check and do the needful.

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com