Problems with Import, Blog & New Categories Display

Discussion in 'GeoCraft WordPress Theme' started by jsal2, Jan 21, 2013.

1. jsal2

jsal2 Member

I am running into some problems while using a fresh install (less than 5 days old) and Ver. 1.6.8

1) The Blog is not showing on the homepage when the option is checked on the Dashboard>General Settings>Front Page On/Off when set for blog to display

2) I manually created 8 new Business Listings>Listing Categories, however when I added the GeoCraft Listing Categories widget to the Home Page Widget Area, the homepage states "no categories" and when I change the widget setting to a drop down, it is completely empty - the Categories are not being recognized.

3) Import CSV file has been unsuccessful despite numerous attempts. I downloaded the export file as instructed and used that as a "template", loaded my data into the appropriate fields. I do NOT receive any error messages during the Import process and I DO get the "Import Successful" message every time. However, there are 0 business listings and no new entries in the database.

Are there more specific instructions for the Import process including possible Required field, if any? I tried to populate all the seemingly important fields, but did not populate the image fields, lat and long, etc.

Please Advise, I can PM info as needed as site is hidden in "Maintenance Mode" while under development. Thank you

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

1) To set blog page as a home page
    Go to Dashboard>General Settings>Front Page On/Off and off front page from there.
    Then Go to Settings > Reading and set static page as blog page. It will work.

2) Categories which contain listings will display at the side bar. Categories with 0 listing will not show any where.

3) Please provide the following information listed below.
    Send this information on our email at [email protected] or at PM

Thread Link:
    Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    WordPress Password:
    We will check and resolve your issue.

3. jsal2

jsal2 Member

Thank you, email sent to you regarding #3 the Import problem.

#1 - ok, I understand what you are saying
    #2 - this should be resolved then when the Imported listings are successful

4. jsal2

jsal2 Member

Thank you for the follow up, I have sent you a reply to yours and attempted to send a separate PM post as well --- your suggestion that my import file has extra rows/lines in it is confusing -- it does not have any extra lines/rows when I open the file even in more than one program to confirm -- I sent you replies which included screenshots as well showing single rows with no blank rows. I can try attaching again, could it be when it is opened in whatever program you have on your end?

5. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

PM sent.