Problems With Geocraft

Discussion in 'GeoCraft WordPress Theme' started by johnmetta, Oct 19, 2016.

1. johnmetta

johnmetta New Member

Good afternoon,
    I'm a programmer but I'm trying the Geocraft theme.

I'm having issues with the business listing categories. How can I get a list of categories to display on the site?

Also, I'm having a problem with Listing locations. It looks like NJ is different than New Jersey. And if the business listing is and address with a zip and then , USA, if you search for USA that business shows.

This is a start. Anyone that can help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting us,

It would be better for us to understand your query with the help of edited screenshot.
    Create your screenshots using screenpresso (http://www.screenpresso.com).

So that I can deliver you an exact and appropriate solution to you,

Meanwhile, I must recommend you referring the theme documentation once available in your members area to display categories from widget areas and other elements of the theme.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks & Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

3. johnmetta

johnmetta New Member

I figure out the category part.

Is there a widget for Business Listing Locations?

Is there a way to have premium ads in Category and State/Listing Location?

Is there a way for a company to be national or part of multiple listing locations?

My next question is searching. When entering an address for a listing, I am having problems with abbreviations and full addresses. When a business posts and address of 215 Main Street, Union, NJ 07083, USA, searches for "New Jersey" will not show this business. If you search for USA, it will come up.

Also, what is a easy and clean way for the user to click a category and then narrow it down by location or vice versa?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  4. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hi John,

Business Listing Location Widget is not available in the theme but, you can configure that from backend to display pins on your home page Map.

No, you are not supposed to do that in the theme. It calls all listings from the site.

You can put the multiple addresses by adding another custom field to your listing form and add listing locations accordingly. Users will get the same listings in the results after clicking either of the pins from Map.

You must have a complete address without abbreviations in it to get better results in searching.

I hope you understand.

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

5. johnmetta

johnmetta New Member

Ok thank you for the response.

Is there a way to have "search" and "location" populated with the listing locations or listing categories?

Also, how can the users narrow the listing down by location/category? Once you click a category it defaults to the entire site. Attached is the thumbnail. The user clicks Florida and the only business I have listed there now shows up....but when the user clicks on the category it defaults to the entire site.

Is there a way I can code this? Or for a fee, you guys?

Also, if the user searches "NJ" in the box, nothing displays for New Jersey.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  6. rogerb

rogerb Active Member

I see what you mean about finding a category after you have clicked on a map area.

Maybe support would consider this amendment as I've also found this and its annoying!

7. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello John,

For your information, the theme has an advanced WordPress Ajax search integrated with which requires at least 3 to 4 alphabets in the input field for generating the results.
    If you are looking for category search then, I would recommend you https://wordpress.org/plugins/ajax-search-lite/

Just configure it according to your need on any page of your site or in the source code.

I hope you find the above solution helpful.

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

8. johnmetta

johnmetta New Member

Ok. I will look into that. I'm also studying the database structure and I'm looking to find the link between the posts (Companies) and the (Listing Category). My goal is to separate the company by category and location. This is what I've learned so far.

SELECT wp_terms.term_id, wp_terms.name ,wp_term_taxonomy.taxonomy FROM wp_term_taxonomY INNER JOIN WP_TERMS ON wp_term_taxonomy.term_id = wp_terms.term_id WHERE wp_term_taxonomy.taxonomy='LISTCAT'
    This query gets me all my categories for my businesses.
    SELECT * FROM `wp_postmeta` INNER JOIN WP_POSTS ON wp_postmeta.post_id=wp_posts.ID WHERE post_id=37
    This query gets my metadata for a specific company.

I just can't find the link between the two. What's the column that joins the category to business?

9. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

I would suggest you, instead of using SQL queries, you should use WordPress library functions to achieve the same task. It will be more easy.

Hope you understand

Thanks & Regards
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

10. johnmetta

johnmetta New Member

Ok but what connects the posts to the categories?

Do you have a wordpress example where i can list postings by category?

Ultimately, I need to filter posts by location then category for that location. Without filtering by location and category, you can't consider this a reasonable theme for listings. It only makes sense. None is going to pay to list their business where other business categories are loosely listed with them as well.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  11. Naveen

Naveen Guest