Problem with Read More button

Discussion in 'Local Business WordPress Theme' started by mdoyle, Mar 4, 2016.

1. mdoyle

mdoyle New Member

Hello, I'm having a problem with the Local Business theme. In the Top Feature section there is some text describing what I do followed by a Read More button. I cannot get this button to link to my Services page. The image to the left of the area links just fine, but not the Read More button. I went into the Customize section and found where this is supposed to be done, but it just won't work. I've even looked at the front-page.php template and found where the link is supposed to go, but I could not customize there either, and then I chickened out for fear of damaging the whole theme. Any help?

http://www.fullspectrumconcepts.com/

Jay Jenks

2. priya

priya Guest

Hello Jay,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Please follow the screenshot given below.

button_link.png

Hope it will resolve your issue

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. mdoyle

mdoyle New Member

Hello, thanks for your prompt reply! The instructions that you sent me don't seem to apply to the theme that I've been using. When I go into the admin area, I go

Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Top Feature Area and then Top Feature button text and Top Feature Link.

I have attached an image to try and show what I'm looking at. At the bottom of the image, where it says Top Feature Link is where I'm trying to enter my URL. It is in there but the Read More button on the home page still does not work. I can send you my username and password if you would like. Also I have included a code snippet from the front-page.php template At the very end, it refers to a URL for Read More. I've tried hard coding my URL in here but it crashed the site. Is there any help you can offer me? Thanks.

<p><?php _e('To expensive serving refined food and wines in a formal setting. unpretentious

lunching or dining places catering to people.', 'local-business'); ?></p>
    <?php } ?>
    <?php if (localbusiness_get_option('localbusiness_slider_read_more') != '') { ?>
    <a class="button1" href="<?php echo localbusiness_get_option('localbusiness_slider_link'); ?

>"><span></span><?php echo stripslashes(localbusiness_get_option('localbusiness_slider_read_more'));

?></a>
    <?php } else { ?><a class="button1" href="#"><span></span><?php _e('Read More&hellip;',

'local-business'); ?></a><?php } ?>
    </div>

Support.jpg

4. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

You don't need to edit source code of the theme...

Kindly follow the video given below...

Link of the video: http://screenpresso.com/=Qyjdb

If you will not get InkThemes option in your dashboard, you are kindly requested to reinstall the theme and check after that...

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

5. mdoyle

mdoyle New Member

Thank you again. Sorry I bothered you on this issue, as it was all my fault. I was stupidly using the basic Local Business theme instead of the Pro Local Business theme. My new problem is that I can't figure out how to change or edit the video on the home page of http://www.fullspectrumconcepts.com/ When I go to Theme Options>Home Page Feature Area, I can find the Left Feature Heading and Left Feature Description, but I can't find anything for the Right Feature area, which I would think is where you would change the video. Any help?

6. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

You can put your video under widget field (Dashboard=>Appearance=>Widget=>Home Widget Area) of your dashboard as I have mentioned in the screenshot given below, please have a look..

video_widget_area.png

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com