Paypal does not return me to the correct page in my site - just a blank page..

Discussion in 'ClassiCraft WordPress Theme' started by ramonsully, May 16, 2013.

1. ramonsully

ramonsully New Member

Should I set a value for Notify URL in my paypal account? if so, what should this be?

thanks

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

Could you please send the screenshot of the page on which you have returning after the payment and also share the link of your website.

3. ramonsully

ramonsully New Member

Hi Gourav​
    Thanks very much for your reply.​
    Screenshot would not be very helpful as it is a pure white page, with no text or images, which appears after paypal returns me to my site.​
    my site is​
    this was updated to v1.1.1 two days ago - it uses a child theme of the Classicraft theme, but only with some CSS changes and a few sidebars deregistered in the child functions.php​
    my developer has also done a fresh default installation his own server, to confirm that is not an external issue, at​
    both sites have the same issues:​
    I have tried both with the PDT (payment data transfer) settings on and off in my Paypal account, and this is the behaviour I get (white screens both times) - auto return is set to on, and the return URL is set to the store url (this is a required field in the paypal settings) eg http://www.salisburytrader.com - but i think this is overridden by the site's request that it sends to Paypal.​
    My Results:
    (i have set the most unusual errors in bold)​
    PDT off:
    url i get sent back to (white screen)​
    result:​
    white screen,
    email confirmation successfully sent to customer (Ad submitted and Payment successful),​
    ad appears in classified listing as 'Premium',​
    appears as Pending even though I have set it to Publish automatically in Ad settings under theme options.​
    Transaction appears in the Transaction list in the WP dashboard.​
    Feature on Category slider option appears unchecked even though it was paid for at the posting stage.
    PDT on:
    url i get sent back to (white screen)​
    result:​
    white screen​
    email confirmation successfully sent to customer (Ad submitted and Payment successful),​
    Advert appears in classified listing as 'Free' (even though it is a paid ad, so should appear as Premium),
    Appears as Pending even though I have set it to Publish automatically in Ad settings under theme options.​
    Feature on Category slider option again appears unchecked even though it was paid for at the posting stage.​
    Transaction does not appear in the Transaction list in the WP dashboard.​
    In all cases the Paypal transaction goes through successfully, and customer and seller gets a confirmation from Paypal.​
    Please could you let me know if there are solutions to these issues? it seems to be a problem with the Paypal notifying the WP database that payment has been successful, and the package settings of what options have been purchased. As it is, it is not really useable, as customers do not get the options that they pay for, and also are sent to a blank screen after payment, so is likely to cause them frustration. All ads currently need to be reviewed manually by an administrator before being published, even if they are set to publish automatically.​
    Hope to hear back to you very soon, thanks again for your reply.​
    Best wishes​
    Ramon Sully​

4. ramonsully

ramonsully New Member

PS: If you are able to find the problem with the default installation (probably easier) at www.edgreen.net/prototypes/cc , then my developer can take care of re-installing the site at www.salsiburytrader.com, by transferring the fixed issues from his server.

5. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

Please provide the following information listed below.

Thread Link:
    Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    WordPress Password:

Send this information on our email at [email protected]

6. ramonsully

ramonsully New Member

Email sent - sender 'Ed Green'

7. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

Issue resolved. Mail sent.

For other users please update theme again from your members area. (If you are getting same issue)