No Preview or Thumbnail on Uploaded video

Discussion in 'VideoCraft WordPress Theme' started by steel rat, Nov 14, 2013.

1. steel rat

steel rat Guest

Hello All,

Just purchased VideoCraft 1.1.1 and am relatively new to WordPress.

I can upload a video just fine (apart from the glaring lack of a progress indicator :mad:), but the uploaded video has no preview image, nor a thumbnail in the listing. It's an MP4 taken from a phone, not edited. The video plays, but takes a long time to start.

Thanks for any help.

Steel Rat.

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

3. steel rat

steel rat Guest

Hi Nitesh,

I sent the information this morning (US Pacific Time, about 12 hours ago). Did you receive it?

Thanks.

4. steel rat

steel rat Guest

I feel you folks have misrepresented yourselves with this theme.

Your promotional material states "Introducing a complete solution for your video website" and "VideoCraft is not just your regular Video Theme, Using VideoCraft you can run a full-blown user generated Video Site." These statements are far from the truth.

Your theme is far from complete. Maybe it's fine for linking from YouTube, but that's not a "full-blown user generated Video Site." How can you call something a "complete solution" when you have no upload progress indicator, very limited video format uploads, uploaded videos have no auto-generated thumbnail or preview image, and uploaded videos do not buffer when played (the entire video has to load before it will begin to play)?

You knew when reading this post of mine that what I was reporting was never going to work, yet you asked for my login information anyway. I just don't understand that.

If I've misunderstood anything about the unequivocal statements from your promotional material quoted above, then I apologize, but I can't see how that's possible.

I'm sorry it had to come to this, but at this point, I would like a full refund, because your theme is not up to the task.

5. steel rat

steel rat Guest

I have to issue a partial apology here.

The issue with the video thumbnail/preview image was my misunderstanding. That is no longer an issue.

However, there is a very large issue with uploaded videos not buffering, having to be loaded entirely (which can take many minutes) before they will play. The issue does NOT occur when editing the video entry in the admin panel. The video will buffer and play immediately. Clearly something is different, but there is no setting that I can see which will correct this problem. This is indeed a deal-breaker if it cannot be resolved. Has anyone else noticed this issue? I would appreciate any feedback.

The remaining issue with the lack of an upload progress indicator is a very big problem as well. And it does go directly to the veracity of the promotional materials.

I hope the developers can address these concerns.

6. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello Steel,

Thank you for this post.
    We are currently working on issues you have pointed above. And try to release updated theme as soon as possible.
    So please wait for few more days.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi

7. steel rat

steel rat Guest

Thank you Nitesh.

Hopefully we can get these things resolved.

8. steel rat

steel rat Guest

Hi Nitesh,

Was wondering when we might see an update. I'm at a standstill with my site at the moment due to these issues.

Thanks.

9. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

Support mail sent.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi