Newly installed VideoCraft theme, requires some help

Discussion in 'VideoCraft WordPress Theme' started by arunkumarmg, Feb 17, 2014.

1. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Thanks Yogesh!The error message for user registration is showing in red now.
    Can you also answer the second question above ? The Subscriber/Contributor/Editor roles are not allowing the users to post a blog. How can I allow users to post blogs ?

One more question - when I see the view count of the posts (blog/news), it is always showing as 0. Is it that the viewcount will get displayed correctly only for videos ? Any way to show this correct for the posts also ?

Regards,
    Arun
    www.OracleAppsVideos.com

2. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello Arun,

To provide post functionality you have to editcustom_function.php file as shown in screenshot.
    And to use view count for post and news use any wordpress plugin.

That will resolve your issue.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

Attached Files:

3. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Hi Yogesh,

If I modify the code you specified, it will give admin privilege to every user right ? That will allow them to change all plugins and set ups for the site ? That is not what I intended, I just wanted to give blog and video posting privilege to the users. I tried with a plugin "WP Front Rolecreator", which allows to create new roles, but this too is not giving the users the intended privilege. Any other ideas ?

also, while editing the file, I am not getting the same "theme editor" menu as per your screenshot. The mentioned file is not coming up in my menu. I can still open it from Filezilla (from server) and can edit.

Regards,
    Arun

Attached Files:

4. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

If you modify the code, it will not give admin privilege to every user, So don't worry and you can check it by register new user.
    Use wp editor to edit files.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

5. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Hi Yogesh,
    As advised, I commented out the mentioned part from the custom_functions.php file and tried from a non-admin user to see if they can add a blog. But, they are not able to do it still ! There is only one link which is to upload video. How can we allow other users also to write blogs from our site ?

My website is: www.oracleappsvideos.com

Screenshots are attached for the changes and result. Please advise soon.

Regards,
    Arun

Attached Files:

6. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

1. If you want to give Editor role to some specific user then you can do that as shown below in screenshot.

29sep2.png

2. If you want to assign Editor role to all user that register then you can do it as shown below in screenshot.

29sep1.png

It will resolve your issue.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

7. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Hi Yogesh,

I had already updated on Aug 22, 2014 post, that even if I give "Editor" or any other role, it is not allowing that user to write a "post". It is just allowing to update videos only.

What I want is to give permission to registered users to post blogs into my site. As of now, only I am able to do that (since I am the admin). So, the whole objective is to allow others too, to write blogs and post. As of now, they can just upload a video, no other functionality available for them as a user.

One more related question : If a user has already existing blogs (in blogspot.com or somewhere), is there a way that those blogs be added automatically to my site ? Any way of linking is possible ? Just asking to see what will be your suggestions here... Any plugins to make it possible if you know...

Regards,
    Arun
    www.OracleAppsVideos.com

8. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

1. You can change role of registered user by only one way, that is shown in following video link.
    http://screenpresso.com/=X6tVf

2. You can add other blogs from blogspot.com as shown below in screenshot.

1oct2.png

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

9. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Hi Yogesh,

I am totally surprised by the reply for teh first question ! I had mentioned very clearly my requirement, and the answer is just "something" !

My question was :-
    As an admin, i am able to post blogs/news into my site www.oracleappsvideos.com. But no other registered users are able to post a blog (but htey are allowed to post videos as per the video craft theme). My question is - is there a way other users also can post blogs into the video craft theme ? The "editor" role WILL NOT allow non admin users to post blogs. I had tested it already. And, I can't give Admin role to everyone else. So, is there any other way that I can allow registered users to post videos and blogs into the video craft theme (videos are already allowed, blogs posting is the question)?

I hope the question is clear now.. It is too disappointing to see that after spending so much time to write this, the question is not answered ! Am asking same question from Aug 22 and not getting an answer !

Regards,
    Arun

10. Neeraj

Neeraj Administrator

Hi Arun,

VideoCraft theme only allows third party video posting. It doesn't allows external users to post blogs.

The only way to allow users to post the blog is via making them "Editors" from your admin dashboard. When the user role is made as editor the user is redirected to wp-admin dashboard rather than the default contributors dashboard.

However, Make sure you change the user roles with caution as Editor role will allow much more permissions to the external users which might be troublesome for you.

Thanks
    Neeraj

11. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Thanks Neeraj for that confirmation ! I had tried before by giving some users "Editor" access, but still it was not giving them Admin privilege. As you said, I can't give users Admin privilege anyway.

It would have been good if the theme allow others also to post blogs too. That would be a much needed feature. Is it possible to add that feature through some enhancement?

By the way, could you suggest me some light wordpress plugins which tell me how many users are visiting my site, how many for each video, how many for each post etc ? Got one plugin earlier, but after installing it, the site became very slow (not sure if it is because of the plugin).

Regards,
    Arun

12. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

Unfortunately there isn't a way to do that with our theme.
    If we add this feature in future then we will inform you.

For your other issue use google analytics to track traffic, visitors on your website, page.

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade

13. arunkumarmg

arunkumarmg New Member

Hi,
    I wanted to add some more menu entries to my site http://www.oracleappsvideos.com/. Right now, my menus are Home, All Videos, News, Blog, Puzzles, Contact Us. If I add anything more (even like adding one more word on an existing menu item), the last entry "Contact Us" will get wrapped to next line ! And in the second line, the back ground color is kind of white, and menu entries are in white too, so the menu item won't get displayed itself (won't be visible to user).
    is there any way that I can add more menu entries in the same blue menu bar background and white menu items ? If this is not possible, how can I change the menu item color ? Got a code like below from another thread. But, instead of changing color, I would really like to add one more menu items in the same background and color...

#menu .ddsmoothmenu li a{
    color: black;
    }

Regards,
    Arun

14. Yogesh

Yogesh Guest

Hello,

1. You can increase left menu area in editing header.php file as shown below in screenshot.

29dec1.png

2. You can use following plugin for USER ROLE.
    https://wordpress.org/plugins/adminimize/

Thanks & Regards
    Yogesh Bhade