Need to Make Adjustments to BlackBird Theme

Discussion in 'BlackBird WordPress Theme' started by dustin807, May 24, 2016.

1. dustin807

dustin807 Member

Hi, my Client wants a few customizations on the Blackbird theme.

Please help me answer the 3 questions below:

1) Home Page Testimonial Text

The website is www.sigmonlawpllc.com

On the home page, there are options to enter 3 Testimonials. Instead of testimonials, my client just wants introductory text as is currently showing on the site.

Therefore, I need to eliminate the "Prev" "Next" boxes at the bottom of the page and also eliminate the three dots that indicate that there are 2 more pages to select.

I only want the text that is already there to show and no other options to click to the next page (next testimonial).

What code do I need to enter to make this happen?

2) Color of Text Inside Testimonial Box

The color of the text in the testimonial box is too light, the client wants it darker or to be the same color / darkness as the text in the rest of the site.

For instance, look at the color / darkness of the text on the about page, then look at the color / darkness of the text in the home page testimonial box (the text under the heading "Houston Personal Injury Lawyer"

How do I make the color of the text in the testimonial box (on the home page), be the same color / darkness as the text through out the rest of the site?

2. priya

priya Guest

Hi,

Solutions to your above issues are accordingly...

1) Please paste the code given below in Custom CSS field (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.
    Code:
    .testimonial .pagination,a.prev, a.next {
        display: none;
    }
    2) Code is given below..
    Code:
    .testimonial .item p {
        color: black
    }
    Hope it will resolve your issue

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. dustin807

dustin807 Member

Thank you. That color: black was too strong because it did not match the rest of the text on the home page.

1) Is there any way I can make all the text on the entire site color: black?

2) How do I remove the black box that is on the home page banner area? The box currently says, "Sigmon Law, PLLC Trial Lawyers" I want to remove that box and I want to make the header banner not hyperlinked.

4. priya

priya Guest

Hi,

1) Use below code..
    Code:
    p {
        color: black !important;
    }
    2)
    Code:
    .flex-caption {
        display: none;
    }
    3) To remove hyperlinked from header..

Please follow the screenshot given below.

remove_logo_link.png

For your information, I am using "WP-Editor" plugin to edit files.

You can also download and use it from the link https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-editor/.

After activating this plugin, you will get the same screen as shown in the screenshot.

Hope it will resolve your issue
    Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

5. dustin807

dustin807 Member

Thank you for the help. The code you gave me makes the Client's Logo not hyperlinked, but what I need is to have the City Skyline Image not hyperlinked. Can you send me that code?

6. priya

priya Guest

Hi,

Could you please share screenshot of the concerned area so that I can assist you accordingly..?

If you are unable to create screenshots then you can use www.screenpresso.com that will help you to create screenshots.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com