Need help with Travelogist Pro

Discussion in 'InkThemes-Support Working Hours' started by russn, Mar 12, 2020.

1. russn

russn New Member

I'm trying to figure out how to effectively use Travelogist Pro. I tried at your documentation page (https://www.inkthemes.com/documentation/), but don't see anything there, and looked in the forum and don't see it there either. Is there a similar theme I should be looking at instead, or how do I find the details for customizing?

A few specific things in the meantime:
    1. Is there any easy way to eliminate the bread crumbs navigation below the menu bar on every page?
    2. I don't need those four widget footer areas. How do I eliminate them? If I go to Customizing -> Widgets, it looks like nothing is set there, so don't see a way to eliminate it.
    3. I've got a copyright notice in a footer. It does show up, but it seems like it's constrained to some block or grid area. (See attached screen shot.) How do I get it to just flow across the entire width of the footer?

If you can point me to some good documentation, I might be able to figure out more of these things. (I've got decent knowledge of HTML and CSS, but don't have much experience working with WordPress themes.)

Attached Files:

2. shemaela21

shemaela21 Guest Staff Member

Hello,

Warm Wishes From InkThemes,

1. Is there any easy way to eliminate the bread crumbs navigation below the menu bar on every page?

To make the desired changes, just paste the code in the Additional CSS section of the theme.

Go to (Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS).

Code:
    .page_heading_container {
        display: none;
    }
    2. I don't need those four widget footer areas. How do I eliminate them? If I go to Customizing -> Widgets, it looks like nothing is set there, so don't see a way to eliminate it.

Kindly refer the below attached video link this will help you to customize the widget area of the theme.

https://www.screenpresso.com/=fEp5g

Or to completely hide the widget area,

To make the desired changes, just paste the code in the Additional CSS section of the theme.

Go to (Dashboard -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS).

Code:
    .footer_container {
    }
    3. I've got a copyright notice in a footer. It does show up, but it seems like it's constrained to some block or grid area. (See attached screen shot.) How do I get it to just flow across the entire width of the footer?

So you do not want the social icons to show up?

Or you just want the copyright section placed in between?

Let us know the above details and send the below-mentioned credential details at [email protected] along with the thread link.

WordPress Website URL: -
    WordPress Username: -
    WordPress Password: -

We will do the needful for you.

And you refer the black rider theme documentation as it is this theme is the customized version of the black rider theme.

Kindly find the PDF file of the documentation in your member's area account.

Regards,
    Shemaela
    InkThemes.com

3. russn

russn New Member

Sorry, I'm having trouble finding the documentation for the theme. If I look at page https://www.inkthemes.com/documentation/, it lists BlackWell, but not Black Rider. They're not the same, are they? And I looked at my account page (I assume that's what you mean by "member's area account"), but all I see there that's useful is the link for downloading the Travelogist theme (which I obviously did previously). Can you give me a direct link to the PDF?
    Thanks.

4. shemaela21

Hello,

Kindly login to your member's area accounts you will find the PDF of the black rider theme's documentation.

2020-03-18_17h01_08.png

We have added the PDF of the documentation in your account.

And you can refer the black rider theme documentation as this theme is the customized version of the black rider theme.

Regards,
    Shemaela
    InkThemes.com

5. russn

russn New Member

Good -- that helped a lot, and I'm making progress.
    Now I need help in tweaking my blogs page (see attached screenshot or http://tomgut5.dreamhosters.com/russs-blog/). I want a much simpler page, so I guess a need to know some class selectors that I can set to not display. Specifically, I don't want the following:
    * the block that shows the Colorway Lite form
    * the block that has four columns, each with a 170x166 something --
    * the heading "Our Latest Blogs" -- is there a way I can put in my own text? If it requires you logging in to my account to change code, just give me the CSS to eliminate it.

Thanks,
    Tom

Attached Files:

6. shemaela21

Hello,

Would you please share with me the URL of the website.

I will then let you know the settings to be done on the blog page accordingly.

Regards,
    Shemaela
    InkThemes.com

7. russn

russn New Member

8. shemaela21

Hello,

It looks like you have not made the settings of the theme properly.

If you do not mind kindly send the below-mentioned credential details at [email protected] along with the thread link.

WordPress Website URL: -
    WordPress Username: -
    WordPress Password: -

We will let you know the needful about all the settings and we will make the settings for you.

Regards,
    Shemaela
    InkThemes.com

9. russn

russn New Member

You should have received my email with the wp-admin credentials. In the meantime, a few more questions:
    1. I created a slider from the theme options, but it's applying the slider to the posts page (http://tomgut5.dreamhosters.com/russs-blog/), whereas I need the slider on the front page instead. (http://tomgut5.dreamhosters.com/). Is there an easy way to do that, or should I just use another slider plugin for the home page?
    2. I've got a couple links on the home page (near the bottom of the rightmost column), but they don't show any highlighting. I know how to do CSS styling for a:link, so can you give me the class name for those links?
    3. On every page (except the blog page with the slider), the name of the page is repeated, as a large heading, just below the menu bar. Is there any way to suppress this?
    4. (This is a repeat of an earlier question.) How can I get my copyright notice in the footer to use the full width instead of wrapping around?

Thanks,
    Tom

10. shemaela21

Hello,

1. I created a slider from the theme options, but it's applying the slider to the posts page (http://tomgut5.dreamhosters.com/russs-blog/), whereas I need the slider on the front page instead. (http://tomgut5.dreamhosters.com/). Is there an easy way to do that, or should I just use another slider plugin for the home page?

Actually you have not set the home page and the theme settings properly, So we have done those settings for you.

Kindly now have a look at the home page of your website it will now reflect the changes you will make in the theme options panel.

2. I've got a couple links on the home page (near the bottom of the rightmost column), but they don't show any highlighting. I know how to do CSS styling for a:link, so can you give me the class name for those links?

Let me know the links about which you are talking, I will then provide you with the CSS code.

Kindly share the screenshot along with the above information.

3. On every page (except the blog page with the slider), the name of the page is repeated, as a large heading, just below the menu bar. Is there any way to suppress this?

Go to (Dashboard->Appearance->Customize->Additional CSS).

Code:
    h1.page-title-gall {
    }
    4. (This is a repeat of an earlier question.) How can I get my copyright notice in the footer to use the full width instead of wrapping around?

We have made the settings for you kindly have a look at it.

Regards,
    Shemaela
    InkThemes.com

11. russn

russn New Member

(Please also refer to my email message from yesterday.) Thank for you for your help correcting my settings. But your changes caused the Customize > Additional CSS option to disappear and be replaced with CSS/HTML Editor. See attached screenshot. Can you restore the original option so that I can make the other changes you described above?
    Thanks much,
    Tom

Attached Files:

12. shemaela21

Hello,

I would like to inform you that our technical team has replied to you via Email.

Kindly once check your Email and in case of further queries you can follow up with us via our Email.

Our technical will surely answer the queries you have got.

(Please also refer to my email message from yesterday.) Thank for you for your help correcting my settings. But your changes caused the Customize > Additional CSS option to disappear and be replaced with CSS/HTML Editor. See attached screenshot. Can you restore the original option so that I can make the other changes you described above?

The Additional CSS section comes from the Customizer panel and the CSS/HTML is the default editor from Wordpress.

And we have also got the theme's editor which you will find in the theme.

Have a look at the screenshots and the video link attached.

2020-04-03_13h03_32.png

https://www.screenpresso.com/=0J3Eb

I hope the above details will surely help you.

Regards,
    Shemaela
    InkThemes.com