Main Navigation Menu

Discussion in 'NewCommerce WordPress Theme' started by riviera, Dec 24, 2015.

1. riviera

riviera New Member

How do I stop pages from appearing on the main navigation bar automatically, so that I can select which pages appear?

2. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Please follow the screenshot given below.

NewCommerce_menu_management.png

Hope it will resolve your issue

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. riviera

riviera New Member

I don't see the option for drop down menu anywhere. The only menu I have is one I have made myself for legal pages.

4. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Please follow the video given below.

Link: http://screenpresso.com/=ISlug

Hope you will find above link helpful..

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

5. riviera

riviera New Member

I do not have the option to select menus. See attached screenshot.

Attached Files:

6. priya

priya Guest

Ok!

Would you please provide us your dashboard credentials at [email protected] along with this thread link as well so that we can figure out the issue and able to resolve that?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

7. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes,

You would be glad to know that we have made the changes to your website as per your requirements.

Now all your set menu pages are appearing properly in your website.

Kindly check and acknowledge us for the same.

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

8. riviera

riviera New Member

The problem has NOT been solved. I still see only one menu option on both sites and I still have no control over the main navigation menu.

9. priya

priya Guest

Note: Please don't post your dashboard credentials at forum.. You can send us your details at [email protected]

Hello,

I have just made changes in your dashboard. Now you can easily manage your menu as per your requirement.

Kindly check..

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

10. garth418

garth418 New Member

I am having the same problem.

The theme says there are 2 menu options, a "login" menu and a "logout" menu. What are those?

If I delete my custom menu, the default menu shows.

When I create a menu with the pages I want and assign it to the "login menu" location, it may or may not work, for a while, then the other pages that I do not want (I have my legal pages in a footer widget) reappear up top, even though, when I look at the "login" menu (the only one defined), it still lists only the pages I have chosen, even though the actual menu up top shows all pages, which makes it spill into a second row and very ugly.

I know how to manage menus in WP, but how can create a top menu in NewCommerce that displays only what I have selected?

I believe you may have a bug to fix. Also, it would be nice if the 2 menus had more descriptive names than "login menu" and "logout menu."

Thanks!

11. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Login menu means your select menu will appear on your site when you will log in your site...

And log out means the same as login but in log out case and if you don't select log out option then by default menus will show up on your site when you are not in the log in condition.

I hope below video will help you to better understand the things, please have a look...

Link of the video: http://screenpresso.com/=4uIPe

Hope it will resolve your issue

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

12. garth418

garth418 New Member

Yes, I figured it out. I created a menu with the Login page (and no My Account page) and assigned it to the "Logout menu" location, and created a menu with the My Account page (and no Login page) and assigned it to the "Login Menu" location and it makes sense. When a user is not logged in, they will see the Login link, and after they log in, it will be replaced with the My Account link.

My one suggestion for your developer to put in an update would be to change the location names to past tense - - Logged In and Logged Out, since you see the menu after and while you are logged in or logged out. "Log In" implies you are logged out and ready to log in, and "Log Out" implies you are logged in and ready to log out. It is just semantics, but it can be confusing.

Thanks!

13. priya

priya Guest

Hello Garth,

Thank you so much for your suggestion...

We will surely try to do it in our next update...

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com