Link Portfolio images to external URL

Discussion in 'Compass WordPress Theme' started by hannahmsummers, Nov 22, 2016.

1. hannahmsummers

hannahmsummers New Member

I would like a way to link my portfolio images to an external URL - that way when you click the link button, instead of taking you to the portfolio gallery it can take you to an external website for each image (with a different URL for each image).

What do I need to change in the code in order to do this?

2. Naveen

Naveen Guest

Hello,

Since the theme uses WordPress Media Gallery feature in Gallery Page template, you need to do is install and activate WP Gallery Custom Links plugin.

It works out of the box, so there are no settings for you to configure. Simply go to a post or page and create a new gallery. You will see the custom link meta fields for individual images in the gallery.

You can link an image in the gallery to any post, page, or even an external website. You can also choose whether you would like the link to open in the same or a new window.

The plugin works very well with any other plugins you may be using to display images in lightbox popup or carousel. It also allows you to keep or disable on click events for an individual image in the gallery.

Hope you find the above solution helpful.

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      36 KB
      Views: