InkThemes Not Compatible with WordPress SEO by Yoast?

Discussion in 'Slice WordPress Theme' started by Eric, Jun 29, 2014.

1. Eric

Eric New Member

I prefer Yoast's WordPress SEO plugin to the other available SEO plugins. I just recently built a site on the Slice theme and had some trouble getting the title tags to work properly. Yoast WordPress SEO recommended removing a line of code from the Slice theme's header, which I did, but it was still difficult to set the title tags.

The main problem was that the site title was added to the page title tags with no divider or space, e.g:
    "About UsVader Air Conditioning & Heating". This happened no matter how I adjusted the settings on the SEO plugin. On the homepage, I also had the problem that both the site title and tagline were added to the SEO title. I finally fixed the problem by removing the tagline and adding a divider and space after each page title, e.g.: "About Us |  ". The result I got with that was "About Us | Vader Air Conditioning & Heating", which is what I wanted. When I didn't add the space, this was the result: "About Us |Vader Air Conditioning & Heating".

The site is here: http://www.vaderair.com

So, I was able to fix the problem, but it seems very much jerry-built. I was wondering if there was a better solution.

Thanks.

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

Our themes are compatible with almost all the plugin available in WordPress.org but there are thousands of plugin available on WordPress.org and some are regularly updating and some are not updated from many years therefore it is not possible for us to check every plugin with our theme, So you can search any alternative of that plugin.

Yoast plugin is conflicting with theme because theme and plugin both have different title tags, So if we activate it the plugin then it show double title tag. So only solution is replace the current title tag of theme with default WordPress title tag.

Please check the link for reference
    http://www.inkthemes.com/community/threads/double-titles-in-search-engine-results.10817/#post-39900

Thanks & Regards
    Gourav Shrivastava