How to adjust header spacing/margins?

Discussion in 'Compass WordPress Theme' started by mountaineerit, Jan 30, 2018.

1. mountaineerit

mountaineerit New Member

I'm having some issues with the header of this site I'm currently working on(http://thumperdrums.com/). I would like to shrink the logo/menu margins to help eliminate some of the blank white space in the header(between the menu options and the slider).

If possible, I would also like to raise the logo closer to the top of the page, independent of the header menu. I would like to keep the logo about the same size(though I may need to shrink it if I find other changes aren't sufficient).

Are there any ways to accomplish this? I could find nothing in the Inkthemes options menu, and am unsure of which section of the CSS code would need to be edited in order to do it manually. Thank you for any assistance.

Attached Files:

smith likes this.
  2. akbar92

akbar92 Support Staff Staff Member

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes,

I have just visited your website and found that you are using very high-resolution image size and the recommended size for the image is 270 * 153 pixels that's why it's losing their layout.

So you are requested to use recommended size for the logo image.

Else you can use below-given CSS codes to make your desired changes, Just paste the code given below in Custom CSS section.
    (Dashboard->Inkthemes->Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.

Code:
    .header {
        margin: 47px 0px 5px 0px;
    }

.header .logo {
        margin-left: 70px;
    }

.header .logo img {
        margin-top: -45px;
    }
    Hope this helps...!

Thanks & Regards!