How can I show page content on Home and Shop page

Discussion in 'SaleJunction E-Commerce WordPress Theme' started by jetmetric, Mar 14, 2016.

1. jetmetric

jetmetric Guest

I noticed that a huge drawback to using the two Ink Themes that I have developed with is that you can't add content to your home page unless you use the theme options form. These forms don't allow me to add shortcode which limits the ability to design in elements from any plugin.

I am using the sale junction theme and the video craft theme. Although I'm mostly concerned with sale junction theme at this moment.

Is there a css code that will allow me to show content from the actual page above the other content? I have a client that needs to place ads on the homepage and I have no way of doing that without putting them in the footer widget. I need to put an ad slider above or below the current slider in the theme.

I would also like to add content to the shop page without it being in a widget... Is that possible with this theme?

Thanks

2. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Could you please explain your requirement with some edited screenshot so that we can better understand your requirement and assist you accordingly...?

If you are unable to create screenshots then you can use www.screenpresso.com that will help you to create screenshots.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. jetmetric

jetmetric Guest

I want to have the ability to add content like sliders or other shortcode on my home page and other pages in general. Is there a css that will allow my page content to show up on this page? Or do I just leave the Home page blank because it doesn't show up correctly if I do add content on a wp page?

Can I bypass the "Theme Options" page and revert back to a normal WP page? It's kind of annoying not to have the ability to add shortcode to anything but the widget box.
    [​IMG]

4. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

This could be possible with some source code customization in the theme....

So if you want we can do it for but for that, we need to access your dashboard or we can share screenshot if possible...

But before assisting you in a right direction, please let us clear that are you interested in adding a plugin or just want to add content in the theme.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

5. jetmetric

jetmetric Guest

I want to add content to the home page. It will most likely be in the form of a content slider. I want to add this to the home page via a shortcode. So what I want to do is make my home page show content from the actual page first and underneath that, it should show the content from the theme... Make sense?

6. jetmetric

jetmetric Guest

Would love to get some closure on this one...