Fullwidth: ideal image size? Line breaks?

Discussion in 'Poloray WordPress Theme' started by zoomroom, May 22, 2013.

1. zoomroom

zoomroom New Member

Using the full-width template, I have two questions:

1. What is the ideal width for an image that should appear at the top of the page - maximum horizontal? In the documentation, the example used is 800px wide. On a mobile device such as a phone in portrait mode, the image DOES NOT resize (the top feature image that is 422px wide DOES resize automatically on a phone in portrait) - instead it shows only a small portion of the image. I've also tried 422px, but this also produces cropping - the image only appearing in full on landscape views on a phone.

2. Hitting return between paragraphs in Visual mode produces space between paragraphs in the Visual preview pane, but when page is published, there is no space between paragraphs. Going into text mode and wrapping all paragraphs in <p> </p> does not solve the issue. Manually adding <p>&nbsp;</p> between every paragraph is tedious. One solution is to modify CSS with p {margin-bottom: 1.2em} but that shouldn't be needed, although this DOES work.

Thanks!

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

Please download theme again from your members area and upload it. It will resolve both of your issues.

3. zoomroom

zoomroom New Member

The image issue was fixed before I did this -- not sure what the problem was, but refreshing cache fixed it.

In terms of line break issue -- I did follow your instructions, but it did not work.

Right now, on the FULLWIDTH template, I have to use the following CSS in the Style Options

p {margin-bottom: 1.2em;}

And, on the DEFAULT template, I have to use the following CSS in Style Options:

p, h1, h2, h3, h4 {margin-bottom: 1.2em;}

Even with a clean reinstall of theme, no space between paragraphs occurs without the above hack.

4. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

Yes, That code is missing from style.css. Thanks for tracking.
    This code
    p, h1, h2, h3, h4 {margin-bottom: 1.2em;}
    is required and responsible for paragraph. You can use it.