Front Page and much more...

Discussion in 'BlackBird WordPress Theme' started by starfishmedia, Jan 8, 2016.

1. starfishmedia

starfishmedia New Member

1. I want the blog page as landing page of the site and i want to re-use the regular front page from the theme somewhere in the main menu.

2. if that is not possible, how do i put front page elements, like the feature boxes etc etc in a regular wp-page

3. If you show blog posts on the regular theme front page the text 'rests' on the footer, there is no whitespace between

4. The editor in WP has disappeared, i can't edit in the php. Tried everything you suggest in the forum, even re-install the theme, doesn't work.

5. Website title doesn't show when i remove logo from theme editor, instead it forces the blackbird logo again and again

6. where can i edit the footer? i cannot edit the titles of the boxes anywhere, and i need to translate it to dutch as well, without editor this makes no sense

bit sad about buying this, its an ok theme but to many 'missing' controls, http://rinkrank.be (the url to the page)

2. starfishmedia

starfishmedia New Member

3. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Solutions are accordingly...

1) I want the blog page as a landing page of the site and I want to re-use the regular front page from the theme somewhere in the main menu.

For blog page as a landing page, Please follow the screenshot given below.

front_page_off.png

front_page_off2.png

To re-use the regular front page from the theme somewhere in the main menu, screenshot id given below

set_frontpage_other_menu.png

2) If that is not possible, how do I put front page elements, like the feature boxes etc in a regular wp-page

Already replied you under 1 point.

3) If you show blog posts on the regular theme front page the text 'rests' on the footer, there is no whitespace between

Please explain with some edited screenshot so that we can assist you accordingly.

If you are unable to create screenshots then you can use www.screenpresso.com that will help you to create screenshots.

4) The editor in WP has disappeared, I can't edit in the PHP. Tried everything you suggest in the forum, even re-install the theme, doesn't work.

You are suggested install WP-Editor Plugin in your dashboard and edit the file as you want....

You can download and use it from the link https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-editor/.

5) Website title doesn't show when I remove logo from theme editor, instead it forces the blackbird logo again and again

You can directly set your desired logo from Theme Option panel of your dashboard.. you don't need to go through Editor for this...

Please follow the screenshot given below.

set_logo.png

6) Where can I edit the footer? I cannot edit the titles of the boxes anywhere, and i need to translate it to dutch as well, without editor this makes no sense

You can edit all the footer fields from Widget area of your dashboard as mention in the screenshot given below..

footer_widget_area.png

Hope it will resolve your issues..

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com