Footer Widget Area Image Issue

Discussion in 'Poloray WordPress Theme' started by Eric, Nov 15, 2012.

1. Eric

Eric New Member

I'm making a website for a client using the Polaray theme (http://executivecareercoach.org/). When I tried using an RSS feed widget in the footer widget area, the RSS icon became enlarged and distorted. The same thing happened with a Twitter feed widget that I tried to use in the footer.

Is there any way to fix this problem?

Also, I have a more immediate problem with site I'm making using the HomeBuilder theme. (I posted about this in the General Discussion forum (as there's no specific forum for the HomeBuilder theme) on Monday, but still haven't received a reply. Here's a copy of my post:

"I'm making a website for a real estate agent using the HomeBuilder theme.

There seem to be some bugs in the theme where images are concerned. For one thing, when I add an image to a page or post using the WordPress media editor, the image is blown up to a huge size. I've been able to fix that by using HTML (e.g. style="width: 300px; height: 225px"), but in some cases that's not possible. For example, I'm using the PrintFriendly plugin on the site and there are some different options on what kind of link to display, but I can't use the options that display the PrintFriendly icon because it gets blown up to a huge size, so I can only use the plain text option.

My most immediate problem though is that the images on the portfolio page get blown up out of proportion when I try to use it. I really do want to use that page, so this is something I need to resolve, sooner rather than later. Here's a screenshot of the portfolio page:

http://screencast.com/t/AZnNd1noZSG

I'd appreciate some advice on how to fix the problem with the portfolio page so that the pictures don't overlap each other. Here's the site's URL:

http://realestatesyv.com"

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

For poloray theme
    Such type of problem is not occurring at our site, Please specify whether you are getting such issue in any specific browser.
    Or
    Just add RSS feed again, We will check it through your site and resolve your issue.

For Homebuilder theme

Add that "Recent Listing" page on your site again, We will provide you css code to resolve that issue.

3. Eric

Eric New Member

The problem on the Poloray theme is happening in every widget area. I put an RSS feed in the second widget area so you can see the problem: http://executivecareercoach.org/about-janet-andrews/

On the HomeBuilder theme, there's also a problem with the sharing buttons I'm using (WordPress Jetpack option). I would prefer to not have any sharing buttons on the portfolio page. Jetpack gives you the option of turning the share butttons off page by page, but turning them off on the page editor doesn't work. You can see the problems here: http://realestatesyv.com/recent-listings/

Thanks for your help.

4. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Paste this code in Custom CSS
    Appearance > Theme Option > Styling Option > Custom CSS

For Poloray Theme

Code:
    .sidebar img {
        width: auto;
    }
    For Home builder Theme

Code:
    .main-content .fullwidth img {
    max-width: 100%!important;
    }

5. Eric

Eric New Member

Polaray Theme: The code you gave me fixed the problem in the sidebar, but I'm still having the problem with the RSS icon in the footer widget areas.

HomeBuilder Theme: The code you gave me helped but didn't completely fix the problem with the images on the Portfolio Page (http://realestatesyv.com/recent-listings/). The width is now fine, but there still seems to be a problem with the height. The images seem to be fine in the first and sixth listing, but the height seems to go down in steps from image 1, 2, 3, and them up in steps from image 4, 5, 6. Is there any code to fix that problem?

Also, I didn't mention this before, but there is another problem with images on the HomeBuilder theme. When I add an image to a page using the WordPress media editor, the image gets blown up to a huge size. I was able to fix the problem by using style="width: 300px; height: 225px" (for example) instead of the WordPress default, width="300" height="225", but it's inconvenient to have to edit that every time I add an image to a page. Is there any way to fix that problem as well?

Thanks for your help.

6. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

For Poloray Theme

Code:
    .footer_wrapper_top .footer_widget img {
    width: auto;
    }
    For Home builder Theme

Paste this code in Custom CSS
    Appearance > Theme Option > Styling Option > Custom CSS

Code:
    .portfolio {
    padding-top: 30px;
    }
    .portfolio li {
    vertical-align: top;
    }

Note:- Add images of size (270 x 210)px for your portfolio page.

7. Eric

Eric New Member

I still have one more problem with the Home Builder theme. When I add an image to a page using the WordPress media editor, the image gets blown up to a huge size. I was able to fix the problem by using style="width: 300px; height: 225px" (for example) instead of the WordPress default, width="300" height="225", but it's inconvenient to have to edit that every time I add an image to a page. Also, I tried to add a slideshow to a page on the site using the vSlider plugin. The slideshow works fine in the sidebar, but behaved strangely when I added it to a page. And, I'm using a Print Friendly plugin on the site that adds an icon or text link to the top of each page to print the page. When I use the icon version, the icon gets blown up to a huge size.

In short, images behave strangely on posts and pages. Is there any way to fix these problems?

8. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Please provide the following information listed below.

Thread Link:
    Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    WordPress Password:

Send this information on our email at [email protected]