Error in Maps related to a posted ad

Discussion in 'ClassiCraft WordPress Theme' started by themotorcycledude, Jul 15, 2013.

1. themotorcycledude

themotorcycledude Member

I posted an ad and did not click "Set Address on Map". I now have the following error in the post:

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: http:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in/nfs/c06/h05/mnt/95993/domains/themotorcycledude.com/html/wp-content/themes/classicrafttheme/library/map/single_map.phpon line 12

Warning: simplexml_load_file(http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/xml?address=&sensor=false) [function.simplexml-load-file]: failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in/nfs/c06/h05/mnt/95993/domains/themotorcycledude.com/html/wp-content/themes/classicrafttheme/library/map/single_map.phpon line 12

Warning: simplexml_load_file() [function.simplexml-load-file]: I/O warning : failed to load external entity "http://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/geocode/xml?address=&sensor=false" in/nfs/c06/h05/mnt/95993/domains/themotorcycledude.com/html/wp-content/themes/classicrafttheme/library/map/single_map.phpon line 12

2. themotorcycledude

themotorcycledude Member

3. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

We are not getting your issue. Please explain with the help of screenshot, About which area you are talking.

4. themotorcycledude

themotorcycledude Member

Please see attached screenshot.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

5. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

Please provide the following information listed below.

Thread Link:
    Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    WordPress Password:

Send this information on our email at [email protected]
    We will check your issue.

6. themotorcycledude

themotorcycledude Member

I'm not giving you my password, sorry.

Go to http://themotorcycledude.com/wp-login.php?action=login, create your own account and troubleshoot with that. There is no reason you would need my wordpress admin credentials. I will help out in any way I can but I will not give you my wordpress login.

Thanks.

7. themotorcycledude

themotorcycledude Member

8. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

We only ask dashboard details when issue is not global and does not occurs at our side, Sometimes users does customization that creating problem or add wrong code by mistake. And your issue is also not occurring at our side and it is not possible for us to provide solution without checking your dashboard.

9. themotorcycledude

themotorcycledude Member

I assure you that I received this error IMMEDIATELY after installing this theme without making any modification to dashboard.

I don't understand what the problem is. Did you click this link? http://themotorcycledude.com/ad/some-test/

Please attach a screenshot of entire page that is displayed when you click above link. I have tried this on multiple browsers on multiple machines and all receive same error.

10. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

Sending you a attach copy of (single_map.php), replace this file with the previous file, it will solve your problem.
    You will get the file in "Classicraft/library/map/single_map.php"

Just replace file from the given path.

Attached Files:

11. themotorcycledude

themotorcycledude Member

Thank you for that, however it did not solve problem. I still have same problem as before. It looks like you put a check to see if address exists. If you read the error carefully, you will see that there is an address. I did not enter this address. Seems to be a default address set by the theme.

12. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

Please contact your hosting provider to enable allow_url_fopen, after then your issue would be solve.

13. themotorcycledude

themotorcycledude Member

I contacted them and here is what they replied with:

The PHP parameter allow_url_fopen has been disabled in our PHP environment for the (gs) Grid-Service.
    If enabled, allow_url_fopen allows PHP's file functions to retrieve data from remote locations such as an FTP server or web site, and could lead to code injection vulnerabilities. Typically, these code injection vulnerabilities occur from improper input filtering when passing user-provided data to PHP functions. Disabling this function will help considerably in stopping your site(s) from being compromised, as well as help thwart the unauthorized use of our servers for abusive or malicious purposes. We would highly suggest further researching and examining aspects of your site's code that depend on this functionality. There are many safer methods to accomplish the same desired results without this possible security issue.
    • Use a relative path to the file stored locally.
    • Using the PHP environment variable $_SERVER['DOCUMENT_ROOT'], which returns the absolute path to the web root directory.
    • cURL is another method that could be used. (This method is beyond the scope of this article. For more information, please see: http://php.net/manual/en/book.curl.php.)
    If this software was obtained from a third-party, we suggest contacting their developer. These developers can usually be contacted via forums, email or other methods.
    Would it be possible to use one of these other safer methods?

14. themotorcycledude

themotorcycledude Member

I still believe this to be a bug in your theme. As you will notice if the user does click on "Set Address on Map" then the error does NOT appear. If the user does not click this button, then the error DOES appear.

15. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

Hello,

To make conform that theme is working with Google map or not. Please activate any default WordPress theme (like: Twenty Ten) and add Google map code in the footer widget and check it is working or not.
    Also please do let me know about it.

16. themotorcycledude

themotorcycledude Member

17. themotorcycledude

themotorcycledude Member