Emails not being sent from Contact Page

Discussion in 'Andrina WordPress Theme' started by sandymcdonald, May 27, 2015.

1. sandymcdonald

sandymcdonald Member

Hello,

site: comfortclimateservice.com

After a customer called, we found that we are no longer getting emails from the contact page. I have no idea how long this has been going on. We used to get emails fine.

I made the change as instructed in the thread below in December. I even removed the code and are still not receiving test emails. The last email I successfully received was on 03/15/2015, months after the update. I did change to an SSL site after that though. I have no idea if that would have an impact.

http://www.inkthemes.com/community/...ress-to-avoid-spam-programs.15032/#post-56743

2. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hello,

Please provide the following information listed below.
    This Thread Link:
    Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    WordPress Password:
    Send this information on our email at [email protected]

3. Sobhagya

Sobhagya Guest

Hello,

We have checked your site and tested the email function.

As if now it is working fine at our end. The user entries from contact page are getting emailed to admin's email id.

Kindly check at your end, or try to put different id. It should work.

Let me know.

4. sandymcdonald

sandymcdonald Member

Hello,

I checked again and it is still not sending the emails. I double checked the email address in the General Settings and it is correct. It has not been changed in the last several years. I did notice that we received email fine until I moved the site and applied the SSL certificate. If you test sending an email to the [email protected] outside the website, it works correctly. Is there any reference to an IP address? Does it matter that I changed the website URL to https from http? I changed the WP website address back to http and still did not receive mail that the site said sent successfully.

I even did a test with a yahoo email address and did not receive the test email.

Note: I did move my site right around the time we stopped getting email.

5. Sobhagya

Sobhagya Guest

Hello Sandy,

Kindly check we have done some changes.

Now it should work at your end as well.

Let me know if still persists.

6. sandymcdonald

sandymcdonald Member

Hello,

This ended up being a problem on the hosting side. When I moved the website, somehow the email setting under MX Entry was changed from 'local mail exchanger' to 'remote mail exchanger'. Apparently the new hosting environment defaults to 'local'.

Now, I receive the emails sent from the contact form, but the reply email address is not the email address entered on the contact form.

I called GoDaddy and they said that something is set up wrong in the contact form file inside the theme. The return email address from the form is not being sent and is listing the default email address of the hosting server. How do we set the email address as the one listed in the input box from the form?

7. Sobhagya

Sobhagya Guest

Hello Sandymcdonald,

I have resolved your issue, it should work now,
    Please have a look at your website.

Hope you are enjoying InkTheme services.
    Do let me know if you need any help.

8. sandymcdonald

sandymcdonald Member

Yes, it is working fine now. Can you please tell me what you had to change to make it work again? Do you know what caused it to break?

Thank you.

9. Sobhagya

Sobhagya Guest

Hello,

Hope Doing Good,

I have attached the screenshot where I have mentioned the area where I changed.

added header and pass it to mail function.png

Hope this will resolve your issue.

10. sandymcdonald

sandymcdonald Member

Thank you. Will the code you added be overwritten during a theme update? If so, do I need to add this file to my child theme? Also, do you have any idea why it worked for so many years and then stopped?

Thank you for your help.