Editing front-page.php to remove slider

Discussion in 'BlackBird WordPress Theme' started by ganadiot, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ganadiot

ganadiot New Member

Hi,

i am facing an issue that came about as i was trying to remove the slider from the home page. I figured that in order to do that, i needed to edit out the div that wrapped the slider in front-page.php. So i kept a backup of the original and went on to remove the said div, which should normally be straighforward.

However, i noticed that my changes did not take effect, so i wandered if maybe something had gone wrong. Apparently something must have, because when i tried editing again, either reverting to the original or making any other change for that matter i was not able to. I got a "page not found" error, and as i figured out the original front-page.php was not accesible anymore. Instead, a file called "front-page-hold.php" was there, to which i was also not able to save. I also tried editing the url on the edit page, so that it would point to http://linkeddataorchestration.com/....php?file=front-page.php&theme=blackbirdtheme instead of http://linkeddataorchestration.com/...file=front-page-hold.php&theme=blackbirdtheme , but that also did not work.

As i mentioned i do have a backup of the original front-page.php, so if i upload it via FTP and try editing again i guess the issue could be solved? I just need to know where i should upload the file to. If this is not a good solution, please advise.

Many thanks

George Anadiotis

Attached Files:

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

I think you have set front page off from
    Appearance > Theme options > General settings / front page on/off
    Just on front page from there.
    Then go to the
    Dashboard > settings > Reading and set it as shown in the image

reading-set.png