Drop down list

Discussion in 'VideoCraft WordPress Theme' started by 99beam, Dec 7, 2015.

1. 99beam

99beam New Member

Hello

Is there anyway to add a dropdown list in the top menu ? example list of video_category

2. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Could you please explain your issue with some edited screenshot and your site URL as well so that we can better assist you?

If you are unable to create screenshots then you can use www.screenpresso.com that will help you to create screenshots.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. 99beam

99beam New Member

FOr example I have places a widget Video category. But now I want to put the video_cat on the top menu instead of widget how do i do that ? ALso, can we have a dropdown list for the menu items?

I want to have a menu called "video category" which is dropdown list. Is it possible and how ?

Attached Files:

4. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Yes, that is possible and for that you just need to follow the video given below.

Link of the video: http://screenpresso.com/=SsWqe

Hope you will find it helpful.

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

5. 99beam

99beam New Member

Thanks that works but i have another concern :

I want to add bootstrap code into the theme. For example, I want to change the look of the dropdown list of "video category" and i have this code :

<div class="dropdown"> <button class="btn btn-default dropdown-toggle" type="button" id="dropdownMenu1" data-toggle="dropdown" aria-haspopup="true" aria-expanded="true"> Dropdown <span class="caret"></span> </button> <ul class="dropdown-menu" aria-labelledby="dropdownMenu1"> <li><a href="#">Action</a></li> <li><a href="#">Another action</a></li> <li><a href="#">Something else here</a></li> <li role="separator" class="divider"></li> <li><a href="#">Separated link</a></li> </ul> </div>

where should I place this code (which php file) ? and which line ? do i need to remove existing code for dropdown list ?

6. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

We are confused with your requirement that in which field you want to add the above code..

As far your above statement i.e. want to change the look of the drop down list, so let me tell you that you can easily do it by applying CSS code.

So it would be better to explain your requirement with some edited screenshot of the concerned area and your site URL as well.

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

7. 99beam

99beam New Member

pls find attached. I want to create something like this. And on mouse hover I need the text to be highlighted.

Attached Files:

8. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

You can easily change color of the text while hovering, you just need to paste the code given below in Custom CSS section (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard.
    Code:
    #menu .ddsmoothmenu li a:hover {
        color: red !important;
        background: lightpink !important;
    }
    Hope it will resolve your issue

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

9. 99beam

99beam New Member

Thank you .The hovering part works but as you can see, the shape of the box is rounded and also there is no lines to separate the categories. THe default dropdown is square shape and has lines to separate the list. How do I change the shape of the dropdown box ?

10. 99beam

99beam New Member

Please find attached pics and see the difference. I want to make changes (dropdown shape and style) to the circled area in the dropdown.png pic . As you can see in the "2015-12-08(1).png pic, the corners of the dropdown box are rounded and also there is no lines to separate the categories. The default dropdown style in the theme is square shape and has lines to separate the list. How do I change the shape of the default dropdown box to be like 2015-12-08(1).png?

Attached Files:

11. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

It would be possible to give (not exact but almost same) look and feel of the menu list as you want, you can try below code in Custom CSS field of your dashboard.
    Code:
    #menu .ddsmoothmenu li ul li a:hover {
              background: lightgray !important;
    }
    #menu .ddsmoothmenu li ul {
            margin-top: 20px !important;
            margin-left: 6px !important;
            background: none;
    }
    Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

12. 99beam

99beam New Member

Hello ,

Thank you for the code but it did not change anything on the dropdown list, Still the same.

13. 99beam

99beam New Member

The hovering did change to light grey which is good but the corners and still square not rounded.