Disable Menu Links

Discussion in 'Compass WordPress Theme' started by aaronbarrett83, Feb 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. aaronbarrett83

aaronbarrett83 New Member

Hello, I would like to leave the menu headings I created on the top navigation as pages but currently do not want them to be clickable links, just a drop down menu. Can you please tell me where I can find the code to remove the links?

2. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

Greetings from InkThemes,

Could you please provide us URL of your website along with some edited screenshot of your requirements, so that we can assist you accordingly?

If you are unable to create screenshots then you can use www.screenpresso.com that will help you to create screenshots.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

3. aaronbarrett83

Hi Nitin,
    The url is http://dev.suretechassembly.com/

Each of the menu headings (with arrows pointed at them) are currently clickable. I built them as pages instead of custom links because I wanted them as parents to the pages under them on the menu, but I don't want them to be clickable links. Please tell me how to make them no longer clickable links but leave them as pages.
    Thanks,

Aaron

Attached Files:

4. nitin

nitin Guest

Hi,

Hope you are doing good...!

To make the required change, just enter the main menu links (About SureTech, Contact SureTech, Why SureTech) as custom links with URL as "#"

Then add the sub-pages and make it as their child by normal default feature of WordPress by moving them little to the right.

In case, you are unable to do so, just send us your website WordPress login details at [email protected] along with the thread link.
    Your Website URL:
    WordPress Username:
    Password :

We will do the same for you.

Thanks & Regards!
    Nitin
    InkThemes.com

5. aaronbarrett83

Hi Nitin,
    I did that originally but then it's only a child in the menu structure. If I use the custom links feature then I don't keep the parent/child page structure as I've pointed at in the attached photo. How can I keep that and make the menu items not clickable pages?

Aaron

Attached Files: