Cutomizing local business Theme

Discussion in 'InkThemes-Support Working Hours' started by rmurphy, May 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rmurphy

rmurphy Member

Hello I'm new to this theme and am trying to work my way through it. Thanks for all of your help.
    1. General Settings -I would like to have two lines displayed under the Top right contact header. i attempted to words on one line and phone number on another but they run together
    2. Under Home page feature area - Under 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th feature heading and description is there anyway to utilize SEO by yoast to optimize my articles. If not how do I do it with local business theme
    3. how do I change the About Us/Contact Us and location headers on the bottom and insert different headings or posibly remove a heading. Also how and where can I add my copy write verbage for for 2015. How do I remove the designed by inkthemes. Thanks

2. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hello,

Kindly provide your site URL so that I can assist you accordingly.

3. rmurphy

rmurphy Member

4. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hello,

As per your queries:

1. General Settings -I would like to have two lines displayed under the Top right contact header

Please paste the code given below in Custom CSS section
    (Appearance -> Theme Options -> Styling Options -> Custom CSS) of your dashboard

Code:
    .call-us p {
      width: 69%;
      margin-left: 95px;
    }
    2. For SEO part could you please let me know what kind of SEO related optimization you need to perform so that I can assist you accordingly.

3. To change the subjected issues in your mentioned point 3 do the following steps:

Go to your dashboard-->> widgets

and add widgets as per your need into your first, second and third footer widget area.

Hope it will solve your issue. Let me know for further doubts.

5. rmurphy

rmurphy Member

Thanks that seems to have taking care of my questions I had. How do I remove the verbage on the very bottom that says chimney repair kansas city-repairing chimney caps, liners, dampers and flashing in kansas city and in its place put copyright chimney repair kansas city 2015 or is it really needed. On the SEO side is there a way to place as many of my keywords into it so that is what google sees along with changing the anchor text when creating pages as to not over optimize. ex chimneyrepairkansascity/chimneyrepairkansascityflashing would be page url. Instead wanted to be able to have url as chimneyrepairkansascity/flashing if that makes sense. Wanted to be able to set correct url and title for SEO purposes.

6. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hello,

I certainly understand your concern.

1. If you wish to remove the verbiage on the very bottom follow the steps:

a) Go to Dashboard-->>appearance-->>Theme Options-->>Footer Settings-->>footer text
    and write your copy right text. You can also refer the screenshot below:

localbusiness-footer-settings.png

b) and the apply the below CSS code:
    Code:
    .copyrightinfo {
      float: left;
    }
    .copyright_left {
      display: none;
    }

2. If you wish to place your keywords than you can Go to Dashboard-->>appearance-->>Theme Options-->>SEO Options-->>Meta Keywords
    and place the keywords that you wish to use.

3. As far as setting up the URL is concern, if you ask my suggestion then I would suggest you to go for URL chimneyrepairkansascity/flashing instead of URL: chimneyrepairkansascity/chimneyrepairkansascityflashing as by adding the later URL will make the site over optimize from Google point of view.

Hope it will solve your issues.

7. rmurphy

rmurphy Member

Hello here is a better example of what I would like to do if possible. I would like to be able to distinghish between my SEO Title which shows in the search engines and my H1 tag which is my LSI version of my keyword:

Example Franklin Tennessee Guide is keyword
    SEO Title would be --- Car Insurance in Franklin TN|Affordable options (Franklin TN keyword in there)
    H1 Tag would be ---- Find Insurance in Franklin Area (franklin keyword in there)
    Permalink -- http://www.franklintnguide/find-car-insurance-in-franlin-area
    Permalink I would like to change it to read -- http://www.franklintnguide/car-insurance

Permalink setup would stop me from having franklintn in the inner url as it is already in the SEO title and would be in the inner url again if I cant change it Thanks

8. rmurphy

rmurphy Member

Hello any suggestions on how to setup the local business theme to match the ex above

9. rmurphy

rmurphy Member

Hello my top right contact details form is still not quite showing my info as I would like it currently I cant get all the info on either two three lines so my last 4 digits of my phone number are on a line all alone The url is www.chimneyrepairkansascity.org.

I also asked a question above but never got reply
    Hello here is a better example of what I would like to do if possible. I would like to be able to distinghish between my SEO Title which shows in the search engines and my H1 tag which is my LSI version of my keyword:

Example Franklin Tennessee Guide is keyword
    SEO Title would be --- Car Insurance in Franklin TN|Affordable options (Franklin TN keyword in there)
    H1 Tag would be ---- Find Insurance in Franklin Area (franklin keyword in there)
    Permalink -- http://www.franklintnguide/find-car-insurance-in-franlin-area
    Permalink I would like to change it to read -- http://www.franklintnguide/car-insurance

Permalink setup would stop me from having franklintn in the inner url as it is already in the SEO title and would be in the inner url again if I cant change it Thanks

10. rmurphy

rmurphy Member

Hello Just added content to my top feature heading and there is no separation between my headline and content and font for both is too large.

11. rmurphy

rmurphy Member

Forgot to add how do I remove the restaurant, travel with us content and video.

12. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hello,

Sorry for the delay in response.

As per you query :

1. Top right contact details form to make it align kindly use below CSS.

Code:
    .call-us p {
      width: 61% !important;
    }
    2. For feature Heading font size and spacing use below CSS code:

Code:
     .call-us p {
      width: 61% !important;
      }
      .signup .frontpage_leadcapture .signupleft .signupinfo h1{
      font-size: 18px;
        line-height: 28px;
      }
    .signup .frontpage_leadcapture .signupleft .signup-text p {
      padding-top: 22px;
      }

3. To remove the restaurant, travel with us content and video

Go to Dashboard-->>Theme Options-->>Homepage Feature Area

and fill all the required details, it will appear in front page bottom feature section.

4. If you wish to distinguish between title tage and H1 tage then I will rather suggest you to use SEO yoast plugin
    and put your Title in Title heading as shown in below image:
    localbuisnes-seo-title.png

For h1 tag use your page title as shown in below image:
    localbuisnes-page-title.png

Follow the above steps it will solve your issue.

Let me know for further doubts.

13. rmurphy

rmurphy Member

Hello How do I increase font size for my Top Right contact details
    Also there is still no separation in my top feature heading as my title (Chimney Repair Kansas City) runs into my content and font sizes for both are the same. Also the restaurant content is still there.

14. sameerwalkar

sameerwalkar Guest

Hello,

Kindly apply the below given CSS:

Code:
    .call-us p{
      font-size: 32px;
    }
    Also, it will be helpful if you could provide some edited screenshots for the top feature heading where you exactly wish to change.

If you are unable to create screenshots then you can use www.screenpresso.com that will help you to create screenshots.

Let me know.

15. rmurphy

rmurphy Member

Hello Sameer thanks for all your help you can look at this url to see what I'm talking about as far as the setup of the top right contact details, top header feature, first, second, third and left feature heading. Also how do I remove the restaurant info below my top header feature content.

http://www.pensacolaembroidery.net/

16. Sobhagya

Sobhagya Guest

Hello,

Hope doing Good!!.

Sorry to bother you I visited your site URL: http://www.pensacolaembroidery.net/ but unable to track down the restaurant info area in your site.

It will be helpful if you could send some edited screenshots of the same so that I can guide you accordingly.

Thanks for your cooperation.

17. rmurphy

rmurphy Member

Hello Sobhagya The url http://www.pensacolaembroidery.net/ is what I would like the following areas of my site www.chimneyrepairkansascity.org to look like. these are the areas below. Also how do I remove the restaurant info below my top header feature content on my site www.chimneyrepairkansascity.org
    top right contact details, top header feature, first, second, third and left feature heading. Also how do I remove the restaurant info below my top header feature content. Thanks

18. Sobhagya

Sobhagya Guest

Hello,

Hope doing good.

Kindly refer below tutorial links to learn more about Local Business WordPress Theme Configuration

Do let me know if you need further assistance,

19. rmurphy

rmurphy Member

Hello looked thru the videos but they dont show me how to setup my top feature details where my title and content are separated and different size font on www.chimneyrepairkansascity.org also the default content is still showing below my content.

20. Sobhagya

Sobhagya Guest

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes,

Please send us your WordPress dashboard admin login details at [email protected]. I will forward it to our technical support team they will solve your issue.

If possible then send us some screen shots of problematic area. It will be easier for us to solve issue soon.

Your website Login link:
    WordPress username:
    WordPress password:

Note: Once your issue get resolved, you can change your password.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.