Customise Lead Capture Email

Discussion in 'Lead Capture WordPress Plugin' started by ezmarketing, May 9, 2016.

1. ezmarketing

ezmarketing New Member

Hi, I want to customise the email that the store owner will receive when someone contact them via lead capture form. At the moment I am getting Wordpress as a sender name and [email protected] as a senders email. I would like to have an actual person's (who filled the form) name as senders name and their email as a sender's email set up. Can you help me please? Where can this be edited?
    Thank you

2. priya

priya Guest

Hello,

Greetings from InkThemes!

Please follow the screenshot given below.

leadcapture_mail.png

Code is as follow..
    Code:
     /* auto-detect the server so you only have to enter the front/from half of the email address, including the @ sign */

function xyz_filter_wp_mail_from($email){

/* start of code lifted from wordpress core, at http://svn.automattic.com/wordpress/tags/3.4/wp-includes/pluggable.php */

$sitename = strtolower( $_SERVER['SERVER_NAME'] );

if ( substr( $sitename, 0, 4 ) == 'www.' ) { 
      $sitename = substr( $sitename, 4 ); 
    }

/* end of code lifted from wordpress core */

$myfront = "info@";
    $myback = $sitename;
    $myfrom = $myfront . $myback;
    return $myfrom;
    }

add_filter("wp_mail_from", "xyz_filter_wp_mail_from");
    For your information, I am using "WP-Editor" plugin to edit files.

You can also download and use it from the link https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-editor/.

After activating this plugin, you will get the same screen as shown in the screenshot.

Hope it will resolve your issue

Do let me know if you need more assistance,

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

3. ezmarketing

ezmarketing New Member

Hi Priyanka,
    I followed the instructions and added the code and changed info@ , which updated the email address upon lead form receipt, but the sender name is still coming as WordPress- see the file attached. I would like it to say the site name instead, what can I edit to achieve it? Thanks

Attached Files:

4. priya

priya Guest

Hi,

Would you please send us your dashboard details at [email protected] along with this thread link so that I can figure out the issue and able to resolve that...?

Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks & Regards!
    Priyanka
    InkThemes.com

5. thecoldapple

thecoldapple New Member

I tried to follow this and got confused at Step 3. I just sent an email. All my e-mails from this form is going to SPAM WordPress and arriving like this wordpress@ via gator3139.hostgator.com

6. Naveen

Naveen Guest

That's actually because of your server email settings. You can contact your host provider in this regard.

7. thecoldapple

thecoldapple New Member

How can I get the email to come from a regular email address and not [email protected]> via gator3139.hostgator.com

We can't reply. It replies to wordpress@

8. thecoldapple

thecoldapple New Member

Email Lead Form.jpg

I just got off the phone with Hostgator, after an hour, and they say it's the plugin.

The issue is that when someone fills out the form, it is being sent to me in this way-> wordpress@a> via gator3139.hostgator.com

Why can't it be like Contact 7 Form. You can pick the e-mail and it's fine. All of my customers leads are going to spam and on Yahoo they don't get sent at all.

I need help, I was on the phone with the hosting company for an hour and they could not solve it.

9. Naveen

Naveen Guest

For your information, the theme uses default mailing feature provided via WordPress and that's why you are getting the emails like this.

You can try using some other email say try to use your Gmail id there. I hope that will work.

Contact form 7 has it's own customized email template so it works differently.

Warm Regards!
    Naveen Kolhe
    InkThemes.com