cannot login to videocraft them

Discussion in 'VideoCraft WordPress Theme' started by mattburdick, Jan 5, 2014.

1. mattburdick

mattburdick New Member

Using a fresh install of the video craft theme I am unable to login to the site's admin. When I try to login it gives me a bad gateway 502 error.

Any thoughts?

2. Gourav

Gourav Support Staff

3. mattburdick

mattburdick New Member

Hi,

I already saw that thread and tried to troubleshoot it that way. I have been able to get into the site again by deactivating your theme. I did however find the root cause of the issue. The issue is that the code in your theme is no longer compatible with some of wpengine's security settings. This seems like something that you should adjust because it would effect multiple customers. Please read the response I received from WP engine. I have put a good deal of effort in creating a child theme from the vide craft theme, so I'd love to get this fixed soon.

The following is from wp engine support

I've taken a look and it appears that some security functionality that we've recently implemented that is conflicting with the functionality of your login page.

Essentially wherever there is a login form, you will find a reference to "wp-login.php" in the code. The problem comes from when the form is hardcoded directly to "wp-login.php". Here's some example code from a similar issue:

<form action="<?php echo get_option('home'); ?>/wp-login.php?redirect_to=<?php echo urlencode($_SERVER['REQUEST_URI']); ?>" method="post">

To compare, here's what WordPress uses in the "wp-login.php" file:

<form name="loginform" id="loginform" action="<?php echo esc_url( site_url( 'wp-login.php', 'login_post' ) ); ?>" method="post">

The most important part of the code from "wp-login.php" file is this portion:
    site_url( 'wp-login.php', 'login_post' )

Our security measures rely on modifying the "site_url()" function when the second part of that function is "login_post". If you're not using the "site_url()" function, or if you're are using the "site_url()" function but not "login_post", then their custom login form is going to run into our security block.

So your site will function, I'm going to go ahead and disable the login protection temporarily. Once this is corrected in your theme or plugin, let me know and I'll go ahead and reactivate the protection for your site.

4. mattburdick

mattburdick New Member

Hi,

just another note.... I am getting the same errors with a fresh install. Please look at this site.

http://contourvid2.wpengine.com

It would be great to get the theme cleaned up so I can use WP engine. Or do I need to look into other hosting?

5. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

We are looking to this issue. And will reply you as soon as possible.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi

6. viztvmedia

viztvmedia New Member

Same here. The theme is a disaster for us.

7. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

If you are using latest version of theme them please share your website link and if not then please download theme again from your members area and upload it. It will resolve this issue.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi