Blog Posts automatically permalinking to shop

Discussion in 'Cloriato WordPress Theme' started by gabriellastrano, Jan 19, 2014.

1. gabriellastrano

gabriellastrano Member

Hi, on my website www.iozzolino.com/news, all the posts have got permalinks that go to my shop page and I can't seem to find how/where to change these permalinks. I would like the permalinks to be a link just to that news item, so that I can cut and paste that link into my various social media accounts to direct and promote that particular post. Please advise me on how I can do that?

2. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

I have checked your site.
    You are using WooCommerce plugin which is controlling post title and redirecting to the shop page. It is not possible to pick separate link for each post.
    You can create multiple sub pages for your news page. And use there links to promote.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi

3. gabriellastrano

gabriellastrano Member

Thanks. How do I create multiple sub pages for my news page? Do you know if there's a way within Woo Commerce to disable these permalinks always taking me to the Shop page?

4. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

I have checked your dashboard and finally got the clue:) .
    You have added wrong custom permalink. That's why title is redirecting to shop page.
    Now all is fine. Please check it.

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi

5. gabriellastrano

gabriellastrano Member

Perfect! You guys are always so great, thank you!

6. gabriellastrano

gabriellastrano Member

HELP! Did you change something that affects my Woo Commerce? The blog posts are now working fine, but my shop pages aren't. If you click into any of my products, it says the page could not be found!!! I have literally just launched these products last week so really need my shop pages to be fully working 100%. Please help, urgently!!!

7. gabriellastrano

gabriellastrano Member

Are you working on my website at the moment? Because now the entire shop page is down. Yesterday I was able to click into the Shop page>Romance Collections>Cushions or Lavender Bags. When I would then click on one of the cushions or lavender bags to view more details about it, that's when the page was down and said it couldn't be found. Now this morning I can't even get that far, as soon as I click on the Shop page it says the page cannot be found.
    Please help! URGENTLY! www.iozzolino.com

8. Nitesh

Nitesh Support Staff

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Yesterday i was not at the forum.
    As i have posted in the last reply. I have changed your custom permalink to "post name".
    If it is creating problem in shop. Then you can undo that change.
    Go to the
    Dashboard > settings > Reading
    and select custom permalink and set it to "/shop"

Thanks & Regards
    Nitesh Raghuwanshi

9. gabriellastrano

gabriellastrano Member

That has only fixed part of the problem. The shop page is now back, but none of the products are. If you click into Romance Collection in the shop, it comes back that the page cannot be found, therefore, none of my products can be viewed, or purchased. Please help.

10. gabriellastrano

gabriellastrano Member

I've fixed the above problem by changing the Common Permalink settings to default. Which has made my shop work again, however, now all my pages have id numbers in the URL bar so instead of it reading www.iozzolino.com/shop or whichever page, it now reads http://iozzolino.com/?post_type=product - which is not what I want. Please tell me how to fix this without disrupting my shop pages?